FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I would call Carlos Dunlap and see if he wants to sign a 1 yr deal to rotate with JPP and Shaq

Hell he might see the field. JPP as a pass rusher at DT is super effective. Rather have him on the field than Suh on third downs. Dunlap-JPP-Vea-Shaq is nightmarish dont let Bowles send a blitzer

31 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

I think yesterday’s moves show that Barrett will resign and be paid. 

What do you guys make of the OBJ rumors ? I guess it would mean we would have to let go Suh

0% chance of OBJ being dealt here. Him being 3rd fiddle to Evans and CG would be a disaster...

23 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

0% chance of OBJ being dealt here. Him being 3rd fiddle to Evans and CG would be a disaster...

I agree. I rather have AB for half or a third of the price in that case. My obly worry with AB is his trial in december if I remember correct.  You don’t know if he’ll last the whole season

17 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

I agree. I rather have AB for half or a third of the price in that case. My obly worry with AB is his trial in december if I remember correct.  You don’t know if he’ll last the whole season

True, but we still have some pretty good pieces behind him in Miller and Johnson, who are ready for bigger roles IMO...

15 hours ago, indifference said:

Thats why I never understood when people thought we werent going to be able to keep all 3. Everyone will be back just going to take some of that Mikey Loomis magic. I still think Bucs need to do something with Don Smith contract and create more space. Its clear that he will be here for awhile. Might as well backload his contract now so we can make room for Davis.

It was going to be a lot harder until Brady agreed to rework his deal. When that happened, it essentially gave us the ammo needed.

Still though, I've always been skeptical all 3 would be back not due to the FO not being able to work the numbers, but more so that a guy like Shaq would want to get to the open market and seek like a $20+ AAV/pushing $100 million guaranteed on a long term deal, because trams are willing to pony up that for elite pass rushers (which he's shown to be since coming here).

I'm never ceased to be amazed by the TB12 effect though, as it seems guys are willing to take less to stay with him.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Chris Godwin's franchise tag will serve as a "placeholder" until they can agree to a long-term contract.

Sounds like we could have all 3 (LD, Shaq and CG) locked-up on long-term deals by the time the season rolls around. That would be quite the feat for the FO.

If Godwin is re signed long term, I ll be curious on the guaranteed money and yearly avg.  

I would be surprised if he makes more per yr then Evans.  Not a knock, but the production due to durability just doesn t match.  Not sure the durabiiity gets better considering his position in the offense.  

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

If Godwin is re signed long term, I ll be curious on the guaranteed money and yearly avg.  

I would be surprised if he makes more per yr then Evans.  Not a knock, but the production due to durability just doesn t match.  Not sure the durabiiity gets better considering his position in the offense.  

100% this

Guy is a very physical player I dont think that will ever change.

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It was going to be a lot harder until Brady agreed to rework his deal. When that happened, it essentially gave us the ammo needed.

Still though, I've always been skeptical all 3 would be back not due to the FO not being able to work the numbers, but more so that a guy like Shaq would want to get to the open market and seek like a $20+ AAV/pushing $100 million guaranteed on a long term deal, because trams are willing to pony up that for elite pass rushers (which he's shown to be since coming here).

I'm never ceased to be amazed by the TB12 effect though, as it seems guys are willing to take less to stay with him.

Its more of guys wanting to win more so than being paid out. (Well in David case)David already cashed out nicely his second contract, it would of been just pure greed to go after a third and potentially never see a winning season again. He’s played on way too many losing teams for that I figured his contract would be modest.

Shaq on the other hand, first go round getting that payday. Pay him what he wants because he’s worth every $ 

He maybe more prone to cash out and leave to a higher bidder. But, Brady factor and a chance to win another title makes things easier in negotiation process

Edited by indifference