FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

1 minute ago, djw4bucs said:

Shaq is next then, only 3.5 mil this year HOLY **** SOMEONE IN OUR FRONT OFFICE IS A GENIUS

A lot of teams do this cap manipulation.  The Bucs have just sucked for so long, bumping up to the ceiling of the cap wasn t a big deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

A lot of teams do this cap manipulation.  The Bucs have just sucked for so long, bumping up to the ceiling of the cap wasn t a big deal.

Thats why I never understood when people thought we werent going to be able to keep all 3. Everyone will be back just going to take some of that Mikey Loomis magic. I still think Bucs need to do something with Don Smith contract and create more space. Its clear that he will be here for awhile. Might as well backload his contract now so we can make room for Davis.

• Like 1

Brady

Smith

Then two extensions will create more cap for this season and next if they reconstruct their contracts properly. Wonder what Suh will be looking for to comeback or if the Bucs even want to bring him back. I can see the Bucs waiting and seeing on a Suh deal.

Brate contract needs to be re done too but I dont think it happens

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Thats why I never understood when people thought we werent going to be able to keep all 3. Everyone will be back just going to take some of that Mikey Loomis magic. I still think Bucs need to do something with Don Smith contract and create more space. Its clear that he will be here for awhile. Might as well backload his contract now so we can make room for Davis.

We can still extend D Smith, Jensen, Gholston, JPP and chip away at the cap.

It seems evident that we wanna keep the team together. Extending guys to free up space would do just that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It seems evident that we wanna keep the team together. Extending guys to free up space would do just that.

100%. We probably have another 2 year window so lets make a run for it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

D Smith is going to be a tough extension.  He is on his last year, but is at an age where he should be getting an increase in yearly average.  He will have made 41.5 million over the last 3 years.  Would an agent want guaranteed money for his client over 41 million because he is 28 and playing a premium position?

I believe Jensen will be an easier extension.  He is over 30, a top 10 center but never been an All Pro.  I hope they do extend Jensen.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1