Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers ain't coming back this year.

If you're implying this because of Packers Record in a few weeks, could be. But his health/ability to play would indicate he would likely come back this year if they're in contention. That's according to a orthopedic surgeon and former team doc, not opinion.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-aaron-rodgers-practice-return-shoulder-1115-story.html 

48 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

If you're implying this because of Packers Record in a few weeks, could be. But his health/ability to play would indicate he would likely come back this year if they're in contention. That's according to a orthopedic surgeon and former team doc, not opinion.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-aaron-rodgers-practice-return-shoulder-1115-story.html 

Lol is that Chao?

2 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Not really. As soon as it was revealed that Rodgers broke his collar bone his assessment of the injury, rehab, and time table has been pretty spot on.

Wait, what. What does that to do with why he's easy to laugh at? He's a jagoff, I didn't say he couldn't give a decent outside perspective.....relax, he's not your relation. It's okay. No need to get defensive over that dude (or whatever you think is going on here). I think we're just laughing at him for his past, not anything else. 

3 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Not really. As soon as it was revealed that Rodgers broke his collar bone his assessment of the injury, rehab, and time table has been pretty spot on.

Actually no. The first thing he said was that Rodgers didn't break his collarbone.

He is a schmuck. His opinion is no more valuable than mine. He has proven that over and over. Neither of us have examined Rodgers.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Wait, what. What does that to do with why he's easy to laugh at? He's a jagoff, I didn't say he couldn't give a decent outside perspective.....relax, he's not your relation. It's okay.

Because it's not easy to "laugh at" someone who knows what they're talking about. Everyone seems relaxed, bud. Keep it on topic.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Actually no. The first thing he said was that Rodgers didn't break his collarbone.

He is a schmuck. His opinion is no more valuable than mine. He has proven that over and over. Neither of us have examined Rodgers.

Actually, that's why I said when it was revealed Rodgers broke his collar bone. And yes, his opinion is exponentially more valuable than yours.

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:
3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Actually, that's why I said when it was revealed Rodgers broke his collar bone. And yes, his opinion is exponentially more valuable than yours.

spitting fire in your 5th post, love it !

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nope.

It's not. He has no idea just like me.

That's a the other deal, like he never saw x rays, etc etc. I get the impression it's probably not difficult to sit from the outside and just go with the standard known times and look accurate. Probably don't need anything near a med degree methinks.

5 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Because it's not easy to "laugh at" someone who knows what they're talking about. Everyone seems relaxed, bud. Keep it on topic.

• Chao pleads guilty to an alcohol related reckless driving charge.
  • Gary Losse, Chao's business partner, is fired as Chargers team physician amid allegations that he has a prescription drug addiction. Chao subsequently becomes Chargers doctor.
  • Former Chargers defensive back Mark Montreuil accuses Chao of condoning and facilitating Losse's drug use while Losse treated his knee injury. Montreuil would never play in the NFL again.

• The state medical board fines Chao $1,000 for failing to maintain adequate and accurate records after allegations surfaced that Chao illegally wrote Losse prescriptions.

• Former Chargers quarterback Ryan Leaf sues Chao for alleged negligence in treating Leaf's wrist and shoulder injuries. Leaf would later drop his suit for unknown reasons.
  • Former Chargers linebacker Jon Haskins sues Chao for allegedly misdiagnosing a knee injury that ended Haskins' NFL career. Haskins dropped his suit suddenly on the eve of trial to take a college coaching job.
  • Abby Rueckert sues Chao, alleging he negligently severed her artery during surgery. A jury verdict awards her $460,000 in damages.
  • SeaWorld performer Jeff Warner reaches a settlement with Chao in his suit for alleged malpractice. Chao prescribed a medical device that caused Warner to develop non-freezing cold injury; Chao then misdiagnosed the injury, which nearly caused Warner to need a leg amputation.

• Chao pleads guilty to a drunken driving charge and receives five years probation and a $1,800 fine.
  • Tom Fagan reaches a settlement with Chao for an undisclosed amount. Fagan accused Chao of carelessness in treatment after his leg needed to be amputated following a knee replacement surgery that Chao performed.
  • Federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents execute a search warrant on the Chargers facilities. Reports circulate that the investigation is due to suspicions that Chao has written himself at least 108 drug prescriptions since 2008. The investigation ended in 2012 without any sanctions or charges being issued. Note: One month prior to this investigation former Chargers defensive back Kevin Ellison was found in possession of a 100 Vicodins.
  • An arbitration panel awards Kathleen Adams $2,347,197 in her suit against Chao for malpractice. Adams needed emergency surgery after Chao lacerated her artery, vein and nerves during hip surgery.
  • NFLPA formally requests a review of Chao's qualifications. An independent panel of three doctors would later exonerate Chao.
  • The state medical board publicly reprimands Chao for not disclosing his prior incidents of drunken driving on his application to be licensed as a "qualified medical evaluator."

Now, if you needed surgery, would you even consider calling Dr. Chao up at this point to schedule an appointment? I would hope not, but if you're still on the fence, let me tell you the most damning story of them all.

The Polar Care 500 Incident

Whitney Engler, 15, underwent a minor procedure to clean debris from her knee in 2003. Following the successful surgery, Chao prescribed a mechanized cryotherapy device, the Polar Care 500, to aid Engler in her recovery. Chao advised her to use the device continuously and as much as possible. Unbeknownst to Engler, Chao and his clinic sold and rented the Polar Care 500 for profit and encouraged patients to use it as much as possible in order to maximize the profits. The problem is that when the device was used in this way it caused non-freezing cold injuries, which if misdiagnosed put the patient at risk of amputation. Whitney Engler suffered such an injury.

This wasn't the first such case for Chao. In 1998, he prescribed the same device to Jeff Warner, who suffered the same non-freezing cold injury as Engler. Chao repeatedly misdiagnosed Warner's injury and told him to continue to use the device. As a result, Warner nearly had to have his leg amputated. Now, it would be natural to believe that Chao would have learned from this incident and would have either recommended the device not be used in a continuous manner or at least would have been able to avoid misdiagnosing the injury in the future. Unfortunately, neither ended up being the case.

Chao made the same mistakes all over again. He told Engler to use the device continuously and when Engler started to show the same exact symptoms Warner exhibited, Chao once again misdiagnosed the injury and told Engler to continue to use the device. When Engler's injury progressively worsened exactly like Warner's did, Chao claimed to have never seen anything like it before. Engler would eventually learn of the incident involving Warner and file a malpractice suit.

In 2012, a jury verdict awarded Engler $5,696,220 against Chao.

Although he ended losing this battle, it wasn't for lack of effort. According to the Verdict Summary, Chao and his attorneys don't exactly play fair in court, which really shouldn't come as a complete shock to anyone at this point.

Yeah, great dude. Def can't laugh that he's a joke of a doctor.

Archived