Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

If Aaron isn’t exaggerating about the number of screws, as being reported now, it likely means there are multiple fragments. At least that’s that most medical profession read into that number.

So his collarbone is likely in 3 pieces (4 screws in each piece roughly). I think his time table is the same but I’m sure if there is no reason to rush him back they won’t.

As we knew before this news... Rodgers return this season hinges more on Hundley and the team.

Oh absolutely, if a playoff place is a possibility he comes back if he gets cleared. Obviously lose a few more and then he sits out of the rest of the season and comes back next season.

17 hours ago, Green19 said:

If Aaron isn’t exaggerating about the number of screws, as being reported now, it likely means there are multiple fragments. At least that’s what most in the medical profession read into that number.

So his collarbone is likely in 3 pieces (4 screws in each piece roughly). I think his time table is the same but I’m sure if there is no reason to rush him back they won’t.

As we knew before this news... Rodgers return this season hinges more on Hundley and the team.

Can he really begin to throw before Jan. 1st with that many screws in there?   o.O

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

What is the percent chance we see Aaron Rodgers on the field yet this year. I say 20% tops. 

It's all dependent on our record. There is no point at all playing him if the season is pretty much done.

If we have are in wildcard contention WHEN he is full healed up then he plays.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

What's everyone's thoughts of him taking snaps this past weekend? 

Get as much work in as possible.  If he can take snaps, take snaps.  If he can throw, throw.  Honestly, I would rather he have a setback trying to rehab and be shut down until next season, than get cleared and re-injure himself mid game.  

14 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Get as much work in as possible.  If he can take snaps, take snaps.  If he can throw, throw.  Honestly, I would rather he have a setback trying to rehab and be shut down until next season, than get cleared and re-injure himself mid game.  

As long as there's no long term effects, I'm for it to.

This type of information gives me hope that he can return sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, gizmo2012 said:

What is the percent chance we see Aaron Rodgers on the field yet this year. I say 20% tops. 

I'd day 75% he plays in 2017.  I read somewhere that most NFL teams will allow a player to return if the bone is healed 85 percent of the way.  I'd think Aaron would get there with a few games remaining.  McKenzie is pretty conservative, so you never know, but I think Aaron will be pushing to return this year.  I'm going to say he plays in game #15 at Carolina.

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd day 75% he plays in 2017.  I read somewhere that most NFL teams will allow a player to return if the bone is healed 85 percent of the way.  I'd think Aaron would get there with a few games remaining.  McKenzie is pretty conservative, so you never know, but I think Aaron will be pushing to return this year.  I'm going to say he plays in game #15 at Carolina.

IMO the only way Aaron will return in week #15 is if we are still in the hunt for a WC spot (I doubt we'll win the division unless MN gets hit with injuries and loses a few games while we find a way to win 3 of the next 4).  If we falter in the coming weeks I doubt it would be worth it to rush AR back unless he is 100% healed and that might take until the season is over.  :/

Don't know why people are claiming Aaron isn't coming back.  If we're at 8 wins with two games to go, we're in the playoff hunt and he'll play.  He's not playing against the Panthers (the first week he can), but I think he absolutely has a chance to play against Minnesota.  Home game... Team that hurt him...

Archived