Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I've actually heard the surgery heals faster. You've connected the bone, whereas the way Rodgers did it last time he was out 7 weeks with just a crack waiting for the natural process of the bone to heal itself. The unfortunate fact this time is it's his throwing shoulder.

Still my goal would be to have him ready for wild card weekend. The fact that they are waiting to IR him has me hoping they're thinking the same. I mean we really dont need his roster spot if they decide they dont need to IR him at all for the sake of having him do limited practices before 8 weeks.

Too many unknowns to make timeline estimates. 

Location of fracture:  middle of the clavicle heals better, faster due to better blood supply, close to either end, slower

type of fracture:  clean break heals faster vs multiple fragments taking longer

Other issues found on MRI...which we have no idea on currently.  

Also, the surgery fixates the fracture, which helps to approximate the ends, but it doesn't actually speed up the process of bone healing. That still takes ~8 weeks, depending on age/health and again, of course, depending on location of the fracture, # of pieces, etc. You can't make a bone heal faster, our bodies only do that a certain way, and it just takes time. The other part of the problem, is that the collarbone is the only true connection between the rest of the shoulder and the trunk (connects to the sternum at the middle of the top of the ribcage, in that little notch right at the base of your neck). To throw a football, he's going to need that fracture to be fully healed, and then the joints on both ends functional, in addition to regaining strength/control/accuracy of his actual throwing muscles. 

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

Ew.. I am not a fan of Evans. But it has to be somebody

I suppose the pickings were slim.  If we were to pluck a player of another team's practice squad don't we have to sign him to our active roster?  I'm not sure...

Just now, Pugger said:

I suppose the pickings were slim.  If we were to pluck a player of another team's practice squad don't we have to sign him to our active roster?  I'm not sure...

You do, yes. There are a few guys out there that at least have NFL experience.. Matt Barkley being the first that comes to mind.

4 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

You do, yes. There are a few guys out there that at least have NFL experience.. Matt Barkley being the first that comes to mind.

Barkley would be active roster, they took a QB that could be put on the practice squad.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Barkley would be active roster, they took a QB that could be put on the practice squad.

That's true. Well if we're targeting someone for PS and we're going for guys like Evans.. I'd honestly rather see us take the chance on Mr. johnny football

30 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

That's true. Well if we're targeting someone for PS and we're going for guys like Evans.. I'd honestly rather see us take the chance on Mr. johnny football

If the choice is Manziel vs Kaepernick.  I would take Kaepernick, at least he has shown an ability to win games with either running or passing.

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If the choice is Manziel vs Kaepernick.  I would take Kaepernick, at least he has shown an ability to win games with either running or passing.

He was surrounded by talent with a good HC when we was winning. Manziel was in Cleveland.. I can't imagine he's in football shape anyways. But if he's still training and trying to redeem himself.. why not?

Edit: Apparently the dude just got engaged.. maybe he is serious about getting back to the NFL

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

You can't sign Johnny to be your third string QB though. I don't think

Archived