Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

I still think we have a roster that is in the top half of the league.. our OL when healthy is definitely a top 10 unit, maybe one of the stronger TE groupings in the league, WR will be determined in the coming months, and than one of the weaker RB rooms.

Defense, with depth and youth considered our DL is in great shape, probably the best safety depth from top to bottom, starting inside backers seem to be set with not much behind them in depth. Edge and CB are obviously the weak points of this defense. 

This is a good roster that when/if healthy, is capable of winning games, even without Rodgers.

Just now, DocHambone said:

^Agreed. And the lead is being buried. Rodgers will be back for a super bowl run. 

The only reason I believe this is a possibility is because the only years we win the Super Bowl are years I believe there's no chance we win the Super Bowl.  I believe we have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl this year.  I believe we have zero chance of beating the Saints, Lions, Steelers, Panthers, Vikings or Lions without Rodgers.  That's 8 wins max, which won't get us to the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If we somehow magically are in a position to play in the super bowl that means a healthy Hundley is going to be light-years better than an atrophied throwing arm Rodgers.

We'd still go back unless he's just unreal good wouldn't we?

16 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Any examples of guys breaking the one in their throwing arm and coming back BTW

Tony Romo. But like his first or second game back he broke it again I want to say.

This is my concern with Rodgers. He is a similar age... and now this is his second.

Rodgers isn't injury prone, look at how many games he has actually missed. Compared to the league's ultimate Iron Man before him then yeah Rodgers is injury prone but as a whole he really isn't.

Rodgers injury prone, talk of trading him. Is crapping all over your superstar once in a generation QB when he is possibly done for the season the norm or something? Jesus.

When Rodgers comes back, he's gonna be like Brady, avoiding contact at all costs.  Sure he can still use his athleticism, but it can't be such a focal point.  I actually think they are gonna be better once they ditch the play starts after the play offense of the last 3 years.

Archived