Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

Results will dictate if he comes back this season or not (unless it's clear that he's done we still know nothing about the severity). We lose a few and I think his season will be ended even if he could come back at some point this season.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I found it kinda telling Aaron wasn't placed on IR.  That could still happen, especially if we want to activate either Beigel or Goodson off the PUP list in a few weeks.

I think there's some value in lying to the team/fans and saying there is hope he may return even if there is no hope and he has an Andrew Luck-esque injury in addition to the collarbone.

Guys will play harder for the wins in the short term if there's a chance (#lloydgif) 

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I have a sneaking suspicion the guys in that locker room know Rodgers ain't coming back this year.  :(

Looked liked Cobb was close to tears at the end of the clip I saw, perhaps understandable as he and Rodgers are very close. Jordy looked absolutely devastated as well.

Rodgers is done for the year.  Surgery announced.  The soonest he will throw a football in rehab is 8 weeks, more likely closer to 12.   He won't have arm strength anytime this season.

Hundley it is.

Any definitive word on Bulaga, Bak, Taylor, or the rest of the walking dead?  I mean beyond the appendage affected?

9 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Rodgers is done for the year.  Surgery announced.  The soonest he will throw a football in rehab is 8 weeks, more likely closer to 12.   He won't have arm strength anytime this season.

Hundley it is.

Any definitive word on Bulaga, Bak, Taylor, or the rest of the walking dead?  I mean beyond the appendage affected?

Rollins got placed on IR and we called up Joe Callahan from the PS. I'd expect Rodgers to be placed on IR here soon as well to bring in another QB. 

11 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Rollins got placed on IR and we called up Joe Callahan from the PS. I'd expect Rodgers to be placed on IR here soon as well to bring in another QB. 

Or we will need Rodgers' spot when Biegel and/or Goodson return from the PUP list.

34 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Hundley it is.

you just made that up tbh.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Going to go ahead and ask this, what do the Packers stand to gain by waiting to IR Rodgers?

This is a bit of a BS answer, but hope for the rest of the team. As soon as he’s shut down for the year, any glimmer of super bowl mentality is completely out the window and some of the team will likely check out.

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Going to go ahead and ask this, what do the Packers stand to gain by waiting to IR Rodgers?

nothing really, but it's probably more about finding the player to take the spot than anything else.

Alternatively, if there is a chance Rodgers is returning, they have the option to IR someone else who might get hurt this week and would actually return later this year if they don't ever IR rodgers.

Archived