Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

I don't expect to see Rodgers back this year and we will see if Hundley is up to the task. I expect Hundley to do fine and maybe the rest of the team can now realize that Rodgers is no longer there to bail them out so play a little smarter and make adjustments. Perhaps Clay won't run himself out of positon a 1/3 of the time if he knows he has more responsibility to make plays. My worry is the OL is so bad that Hundley will get hurt next. 

It's not a popular opinion on here but I have felt this way for years at least to a degree. There is no team in football more effected by the loss of one player than the Packers with Rodgers. These next 10 games will tell us a lot about our coaching staff and the other "talent" on this team.

Would the Cavs be dumb to build around LeBron? Or the Bulls Jordan? What about the teams Gretzky was on? Sure the Pats might win a few games without Brady, but you think Garappolo is taking that roster to a SB? Ha fat chance. You think the 1996 Packers are SB Champs with Doug Pederson at the helm?

Just lazy journalism is all it is. Your entire roster building premise should be based on the fact that Aaron Rodgers is your QB, if it isn't, THAT is wasting the prime of a HOF QB. Unfortunately we have a largely armchair GM fan base that thinks it's realistic to have Aaron Rodgers and a team of 52 other FA and trade acquisitions.

50 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's not a popular opinion on here but I have felt this way for years at least to a degree. There is no team in football more effected by the loss of one player than the Packers with Rodgers. These next 10 games will tell us a lot about our coaching staff and the other "talent" on this team.

I'm sick of hearing we have no talent on this team. It's such BS. How have we failed Aaron Rodgers? Is it our fault half our good players are hurt? You could blame the training staff sure, but you have to think how many injuries can you really prevent as a staff. 

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Just lazy journalism is all it is. Your entire roster building premise should be based on the fact that Aaron Rodgers is your QB, if it isn't, THAT is wasting the prime of a HOF QB. Unfortunately we have a largely armchair GM fan base that thinks it's realistic to have Aaron Rodgers and a team of 52 other FA and trade acquisitions.

Seriously this, and its like these sports annalists think we haven't gone out and got talent or tried to improve in the draft.. That we think Rodgers is the only player out of 53. It really rubs me the wrong way man.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Would the Cavs be dumb to build around LeBron? Or the Bulls Jordan? What about the teams Gretzky was on? Sure the Pats might win a few games without Brady, but you think Garappolo is taking that roster to a SB? Ha fat chance. You think the 1996 Packers are SB Champs with Doug Pederson at the helm?

Didn't hear them say anything about "building around" Rodgers. Moreover, your Cavs example actually supports their position. The Cavs never put enough talent around James to win a championship which is why he left in the first place. Then he comes back and low and behold the Cavs build a super team around him signing every star they can possibly afford. As for the Pats, they won a ton of games with Cassel at QB the year Brady tore the ACL. Do I think the Packers win the SB with Peterson? Of course not, but do they win more games than the 2017 Packers will without Rodgers...I'd bet a lot of money on "yes."  

The argument here is not "well can we win a SB without Rodgers" --- of course not. The question is, can we be "competitive" without him the next 10 weeks? We just played a team that will compete all year with most if not all teams they play with Case Keenum at QB. Can Minny win a SB with Keenum -- hell no, but again, that's that the debate here. This is exactly the point Wright makes in the video when he says its obvious that if you lose a player like Rodgers, you won't be a SB team any longer but in his opinion, GB overnight goes from a SB contender with Rodgers to a team that is going to struggle to win another game all year long without him. That should not happen in the NFL as I think we could all agree. I'm not saying that's going to happen and only time will tell as we watch it all unfold. I'm not saying or expecting the Packers to go 9-1 or 8-2 or 7-3 on the way out without Rodgers, that's foolish. But can we finish 6-4 on the way out? 5-5? 4-6? Or maybe 1-9 or 0-10. We will find out, which is why I said "these next 10 weeks" will tell us a lot. What I don't want to hear, and I still will from several people here, is if we in fact do go 2-8, 1-9, 0-10 on the way out, is "well, we lost Rodgers, what do you expect?" I expect the 52 other players on our roster to be capable of winning some games just like I expect a head coach to come up with some innovative ways to win some games without sitting back and simply watching Rodgers win every game for him. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Didn't hear them say anything about "building around" Rodgers. Moreover, your Cavs example actually supports their position. The Cavs never put enough talent around James to win a championship which is why he left in the first place. Then he comes back and low and behold the Cavs build a super team around him signing every star they can possibly afford. As for the Pats, they won a ton of games with Cassel at QB the year Brady tore the ACL. Do I think the Packers win the SB with Peterson? Of course not, but do they win more games than the 2017 Packers will without Rodgers...I'd bet a lot of money on "yes."  

The argument here is not "well can we win a SB without Rodgers" --- of course not. The question is, can we be "competitive" without him the next 10 weeks? We just played a team that will compete all year with most if not all teams they play with Case Keenum at QB. Can Minny win a SB with Keenum -- hell no, but again, that's that the debate here. This is exactly the point Wright makes in the video when he says its obvious that if you lose a player like Rodgers, you won't be a SB team any longer but in his opinion, GB overnight goes from a SB contender with Rodgers to a team that is going to struggle to win another game all year long without him. That should not happen in the NFL as I think we could all agree. I'm not saying that's going to happen and only time will tell as we watch it all unfold. I'm not saying or expecting the Packers to go 9-1 or 8-2 or 7-3 on the way out without Rodgers, that's foolish. But can we finish 6-4 on the way out? 5-5? 4-6? Or maybe 1-9 or 0-10. We will find out, which is why I said "these next 10 weeks" will tell us a lot. What I don't want to hear, and I still will from several people here, is if we in fact do go 2-8, 1-9, 0-10 on the way out, is "well, we lost Rodgers, what do you expect?" I expect the 52 other players on our roster to be capable of winning some games just like I expect a head coach to come up with some innovative ways to win some games without sitting back and simply watching Rodgers win every game for him. 

We shouldn't talk about the NBA regardless. You can't build super teams in the NFL. I know our fans think you can though...

Supposedly NE was the new GSW after FA. yeah, about that.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It comes down to how well Hundley plays and the health of the rest of the guys. If the 2nd one doesn't get better, I don't care what you have you're not gonna win many games like this. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's fair, depending on health. That team that played MN might go 1-9, but no team in the league would fair much better losing what we lost.

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

New England won 7 fewer games with Cassel than Brady the year before.

???? They went 11-5 with Cassel who played out of his mind that season to the point where the Pats used their franchise tag on a back-up. He made it work with not much else other than Moss.

Edit: NVM.. You included playoffs on their 18-1 season

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

???? They went 11-5 with Cassel who played out of his mind that season to the point where the Pats used their franchise tag on a back-up. He made it work with not much else other than Moss.

18-1

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

We shouldn't talk about the NBA regardless. You can't build super teams in the NFL. I know our fans think you can though...

Supposedly NE was the new GSW after FA. yeah, about that.

I'm not saying one thing is going to happen vs. another. Obviously, I hope we win every freaking game with Hundley at QB. I'd be delighted with 5-5 if I'm being realistic. But, I also would not be surprised if we went 2-8, 1-9 on the way out because I share some of those viewpoints expressed by Wright/Carter. Moreover, the opinions expressed by Wright and Carter are not novel opinions out there, in fact, I'd say that outside of Green Bay, WI, they are the predominant opinions about the makeup of our team, and I don't hear them being made about other NFL franchises, at least not nearly as often as I hear them about the Packers. Maybe we should ask "why" instead of just saying, psssh, just lazy journalism. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not saying one thing is going to happen vs. another. Obviously, I hope we win every freaking game with Hundley at QB. I'd be delighted with 5-5 if I'm being realistic. But, I also would not be surprised if we went 2-8, 1-9 on the way out because I share some of those viewpoints expressed by Wright/Carter. Moreover, the opinions expressed by Wright and Carter are not novel opinions out there, in fact, I'd say that outside of Green Bay, WI, they are the predominant opinions about the makeup of our team, and I don't hear them being made about other NFL franchises, at least not nearly as often as I hear them about the Packers. Maybe we should ask "why" instead of just saying, psssh, just lazy journalism. 

That is the why. It's low hanging fruit. We haven't won. We obviously are screwing up. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

They think rodgers is the only one playing on the damn field lol. It's not lazy journalism its damn arrogance. 

Archived