Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

27 minutes ago, jontat83 said:

I wonder if he's had an x-ray? Confirming it's ok to practice.

He said he wasn't going to have one until after the CLE game, because if it looked great he would be depressed he can't be out there and if it didn't he would be depressed for other obvious reasons.

Basically with anything non contact like practice the rule of thumb is usually no pain and you're good to go. Now obviously to play and get hit, that X-ray will need to say the bone has healed.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He said he wasn't going to have one until after the CLE game, because if it looked great he would be depressed he can't be out there and if it didn't he would be depressed for other obvious reasons.

Basically with anything non contact like practice the rule of thumb is usually no pain and you're good to go. Now obviously to play and get hit, that X-ray will need to say the bone has healed.

That makes sense and I am sure they know what they are doing with this recovery especially for a player of his stature.

27 minutes ago, jontat83 said:

I wonder if he's had an x-ray? Confirming it's ok to practice.

Orthopedic MD comments via PackersNews

"Doctors won’t CT scan Rodgers before eight weeks because that exposes the bones to a lot of radiation, which slows healing. At around eight weeks they’ll do an X-ray, which doesn’t emit enough radiation to inhibit healing, that will allow for an educated guess on whether he’s healed enough. If they think he might be, they do the CT scan "

On 11/16/2017 at 8:42 PM, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers is coming back for Minnesota. 

100%.  He wants them bad.  Especially if they are already in the playoffs and we're not.  Wants to show them the only reason they're in is because he was gone. 

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

100%.  He wants them bad.  Especially if they are already in the playoffs and we're not.  Wants to show them the only reason they're in is because he was gone. 

These are the situations where Rodgers goes full Godgers mode too.  Chips on his shoulder are good for Packers fans, I just hope we can stay alive until he comes back.  

22 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Why, he won't keep the Vikings from making the playoffs....Not to mention, really doesn't make sense thinking of bring him back unless we win the next three....The next two are doable, Carolina will be tough....

8 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Why, he won't keep the Vikings from making the playoffs....Not to mention, really doesn't make sense thinking of bring him back unless we win the next three....The next two are doable, Carolina will be tough....

He can come back for Carolina I thought

3 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

The guy said why. To show them they are only leading the division and in the playoffs because of his injury. 

I am really hoping they are still in the race for that game. Having to wait until next season to see him get his revenge would suck. 

Unless the Packers win the next two, this conversation is meaningless. If the Packers are 5-8 or even 6-7, I'd be against bringing Rodgers back at all. Who cares about "revenge" against the Vikings. The last thing we want is to go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. That's literally the worst case scenario. 

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Unless the Packers win the next two, this conversation is meaningless. If the Packers are 5-8 or even 6-7, I'd be against bringing Rodgers back at all. Who cares about "revenge" against the Vikings. The last thing we want is to go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. That's literally the worst case scenario. 

In theory this makes sense, but if Dr's tell Rodgers he's 100% and you tell him "well you aren't going to the playoffs so no reason to play." You think that's going to work or make the locker room happy? They took him off IR. If he's 100% he's playing and the record absolutely does not matter here. 

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, Dubz41 said:

Wants to show them the only reason they're in is because he was gone. 

That's cool as fan speak and all that but they're in mostly because they're a damn good team. You don't go 9-2 because a team you played once is missing their QB.

3 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

That's cool as fan speak and all that but they're in mostly because they're a damn good team. You don't go 9-2 because a team you played once is missing their QB.

Yeah, but you do go 9-3, then to at least 4 losses in a division with the Packers, who win at least 12 games this year with a healthy Rodgers, which would mean a home playoff game instead of a road playoff game. 

All the answers will be provided at the end of today's game.  If we win, if a couple wild card competitors lose, Rodgers may very well come back against the Panthers and play the Vikings in not only a revenge game, but a, "I'm trying to see you in the playoffs" game.  You can be damn sure the Vikings want to keep the Packers out. 

If we lose today and other wild card competitors win, it's probably not gonna happen with Rodgers.  Even though I'd like for it to.  Even if we lose the next three games, I'd still like to see him come back and beat the Vikings and Lions. 

Archived