Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It's very simple, not sure why there is a debate here. If GB loses to Cleve, you don't play Rodgers, period. If GB beats Cleve, and Rodgers is medically cleared (whatever that means in terms of %), you play him. If he can't play v. Carolina and we somehow pull off a miracle win, you play him against Minnesota if he's cleared. If he plays and they lose to Carolina, you sit him the rest of the year, period. Coming off of this type of injury, Rodgers only plays if there is something to play for and that's not up to him.

This, and pretty much my line of thinking.

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

What's your argument here? That Aaron Rodgers will be hurting if he takes 25m instead of 30? Plenty of players who makes far less on this team have taken less.

I guess this is my argument:  Don't imply that he SHOULD take less for the team.  Do you offer to take less at work so they can buy better toilet paper? A new copier?  I doubt it.  It's not his job to manage the cap money.  He has more than earned it.  I've seen this implication on other boards and it bugs me.  Especially the slant that 25M is enough and if he takes more he's responsible if we don't win. Are you advocating salary ceiling for all millionaires/billionaires?  Or just NFL QBs?

As to the bolded part.  Taken less for what? Their previous overpaid performances or less for the good of the team?  Who are those players since you did reference Plenty.

16 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I guess this is my argument:  Don't imply that he SHOULD take less for the team.  Do you offer to take less at work so they can buy better toilet paper? A new copier?  I doubt it.  It's not his job to manage the cap money.  He has more than earned it.  I've seen this implication on other boards and it bugs me.  Especially the slant that 25M is enough and if he takes more he's responsible if we don't win. Are you advocating salary ceiling for all millionaires/billionaires?  Or just NFL QBs?

As to the bolded part.  Taken less for what? Their previous overpaid performances or less for the good of the team?  Who are those players since you did reference Plenty.

What about less for a fully guaranteed contract

49 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

There are no doubts in my mind Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Bulaga and Perry have taken less money to stay in GB.

I shouldn't compare Aaron and Tom Brady's multi-million dollar salaries, but we should compare Aaron to me and that's not "apples to oranges" ?

I've never said he should do anything, I said I don't want to hear his subtle, "we need to make sure we're all in" jabs if he decides to go for the max amount of money. I loved that he said that last off-season, and with the contract he has now he has every right to say it, but there's no question in my mind we'll have some big holes on the team if he asks for all he can, and that's a result of his contract.

18 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Manning took less money because he wasn't very good anymore.  He really had nothing to contribute to their victory.

Brady takes less on paper, but he receives compensation off the field from Kraft under 'business considerations'.

Those example are apples to oranges for ARod's situation.

And Brady married up.  ;)

18 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think he plays if healthy .. regardless of record.  He's going to be pushing to play and if those scans check out let him play.  Worst case scenario is that he gets his collar bone banged up again.  We aren't talking about torn labrums and rotator cuffs .. it's a collarbone.   I don't think the risk of re-injury this year is going to be any higher this year than it will be next year.  If it's healed .. it's healed .. play ball!

For me I selfishly want to witness competent QB play again on my favorite team.  It is just brutal to watch Hundley try to play QB.  :(

12 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I think everyone is overlooking the fact that Rodgers hasn't had any scan on that injury yet. Doubt they look until Monday next week. Trying to give him the best chance to heal.

From everything I have heard, that was the plan all along.  With Rodgers going onto IR, there was no need to do any scan before he would be eligible to play.  No need to expose him to radiation, no need to get the buzz about whether he would be coming back for the next game every week. 

It's TT's job to make sure the Green Bay Packers are competitive every year, so that I can enjoy my Sundays.  It's MM's job to make sure the Packers are competitive every week so they can make the playoffs, so I can enjoy my Sundays.  It's Aaron Rodgers' job to be so spectacular that I don't think too much about our pass rush, so I can enjoy my Sundays.  

If he's healthy, play Aaron Rodgers.  I don't want to wait until next year to watch him play.  Hey, the guy could break both his collarbones next year, too.  Don't be stupid, guys.

26 minutes ago, StinkySauce said:

It's TT's job to make sure the Green Bay Packers are competitive every year, so that I can enjoy my Sundays.  It's MM's job to make sure the Packers are competitive every week so they can make the playoffs, so I can enjoy my Sundays.  It's Aaron Rodgers' job to be so spectacular that I don't think too much about our pass rush, so I can enjoy my Sundays.  

If he's healthy, play Aaron Rodgers.  I don't want to wait until next year to watch him play.  Hey, the guy could break both his collarbones next year, too.  Don't be stupid, guys.

Agreed.  Like I said earlier, I am more than ready to watch the best QB in the game play again even if we are eliminated from the post season.  B|  

Archived