Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

27 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

That is a ridiculous comparison.  You start with intentional tanking and you enter a slippery slope. NFL careers are short enough, now you want him to sit out?  I've always appreciated your take on things, but you are way wrong on this one.  You're outsmarting yourself.  How do you ask the rest of the team to play to win when you won't ask it of your best player?  You lose the locker room with that one decision.

You never ask a player to not play to win. Coaches sit guys with any kind of mild injury. 

17 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

That is a ridiculous comparison.  You start with intentional tanking and you enter a slippery slope. NFL careers are short enough, now you want him to sit out?  I've always appreciated your take on things, but you are way wrong on this one.  You're outsmarting yourself.  How do you ask the rest of the team to play to win when you won't ask it of your best player?  You lose the locker room with that one decision.

It really isn't.  We're operating under the assumption that the Packers are eliminated, and have nothing to play for.  What exactly do the Packers stand to gain by trotting out Aaron Rodgers if they're ineligible to make the playoffs?  I'm not buying the whole "moral" victory argument.  So at this point, I use the last few games very similar to how I use preseason games to evaluate my players for next year.  Nobody is saying you sit here and bench all your starters.  I'm saying you don't run Rodgers out there for no real upside to gain.  Don't try to make an argument out of something that I'm not arguing.  This applies solely to Rodgers.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/10/report-aaron-rodgers-has-looked-ridiculous-at-packers-practice/

For the first time this season, I'm hopeful since he walked off the field in Minnesota. I want to keep our playoff streak alive.

And there's no team I'm afraid of in the NFC right now, either.

Has looked 'ridiculous'...as in has looked like Rodgers? Or his super QB power which are fed by being pissed off are in overdrive right now? 

Also, I'd still prefer to avoid Atlanta but other than that every team seems shaky.  

I have to hope Aaron Rodgers has been paying attention to how much passing to the running backs has helped the Hundley-led offense look like an alright offense.  He has GOT to get over his petty stupid stubborn BS avoidance of throwing to running backs. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I have to hope Aaron Rodgers has been paying attention to how much passing to the running backs has helped the Hundley-led offense look like an alright offense.  He has GOT to get over his petty stupid stubborn BS avoidance of throwing to running backs. 

For every 8 yard gain he passes up, he has extended plays and found 30 yard gains. I don't think it hurts us all too much. We've been dropping 30 on teams with regularity since 2009.

That being said, for the remainder of this season, he needs to save himself getting hit and throw the damn check down.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

For every 8 yard gain he passes up, he has extended plays and found 30 yard gains. I don't think it hurts us all too much. We've been dropping 30 on teams with regularity since 2009.

That being said, for the remainder of this season, he needs to save himself getting hit and throw the damn check down.

Last line is largely what I'm getting at.  Rodgers does no good at all with a broken collarbone or worse.  He's got one more season of playing the way he does before he has to start SERIOUSLY taking care of himself and taking those 3-8 yards. 

Archived