Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

12 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

How the hell do you sell that to the ticket buying public?  If Aaron is medically cleared to play you think he's going to agree to sit?  So the Packers scratch a healthy Arod? That's not going to do the NFL any good. Plus, it's already been reported how well he has been recovering. He is the best player in the game and you think he's going to agree to miss games in a profession that is already famous for short careers?  I just don't see that happening.  Fanspeak? Gimme a break, try thinking like him once instead of a Madden Coach.

If Aaron is healthy he's trying to play.  There is a Cinderella story in the making here and he won't back off the possibility. If we win at Cleveland Arod will be on the field vs. Carolina.

Try this: we win in Cleveland and Rodgers comes back leads us to the playoffs at 10-6.  How much will he make on his next contract?

Come on now. You're not going to trot out the leagues best player who's coming off a brutal injury in a lost season just to play two games. There's absolutely no upside to it. Ticket buying public? The tickets are already sold and Aaron will be back next year. People aren't going to stop buying tickets or going to games because they held him out of two meaningless games. 

If there's nothing to play for, you don't subject him to anything and allow the collarbone eight more months to fully heal and then some. Greg Olsen was cleared to play too, and look what happened. If there's nothing on the line, it would be dumb to even risk a set back. 

28 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Come on now. You're not going to trot out the leagues best player who's coming off a brutal injury in a lost season just to play two games. There's absolutely no upside to it. Ticket buying public? The tickets are already sold and Aaron will be back next year. People aren't going to stop buying tickets or going to games because they held him out of two meaningless games. 

If there's nothing to play for, you don't subject him to anything and allow the collarbone eight more months to fully heal and then some. Greg Olsen was cleared to play too, and look what happened. If there's nothing on the line, it would be dumb to even risk a set back. 

This.

Being cleared is a conversation of risk vs reward. He is not going to be 100% this year. The question is whether or not 85% Aaron is going to play, and it's an easy sell to say 'no' if GB is eliminated from the postseason.

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

That's right, it's a seventeen week regular season.....Week fifteen being after the Cleveland game...

I guess I couldnt read your context the first time. It read like we needed to beat Carolina without him.

It's very simple, not sure why there is a debate here. If GB loses to Cleve, you don't play Rodgers, period. If GB beats Cleve, and Rodgers is medically cleared (whatever that means in terms of %), you play him. If he can't play v. Carolina and we somehow pull off a miracle win, you play him against Minnesota if he's cleared. If he plays and they lose to Carolina, you sit him the rest of the year, period. Coming off of this type of injury, Rodgers only plays if there is something to play for and that's not up to him.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers will get paid whatever he wants. If he takes all he can get and ends up with 1 ring, he'll share in the blame for that however. Both Brady and Manning have bucked the old QBs don't win SBs by taking a discount, if Rodgers signed for 23-25m per that would go a long way in helping us keep the roster around him.

Manning took less money because he wasn't very good anymore.  He really had nothing to contribute to their victory.

Brady takes less on paper, but he receives compensation off the field from Kraft under 'business considerations'.

Those example are apples to oranges for ARod's situation.

Just now, packfanfb said:

It's very simple, not sure why there is a debate here. If GB loses to Cleve, you don't play Rodgers, period.

I'm sure Rodgers agrees with such a fine line.  He definitely doesn't consider his career stats at all and wouldn't like to get more than 13 touchdowns this season.

If Rodgers is healthy, I want him to play.  You sit your franchise QB to lose games and you deserve to lose games. 

6 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Manning took less money because he wasn't very good anymore.  He really had nothing to contribute to their victory.

Brady takes less on paper, but he receives compensation off the field from Kraft under 'business considerations'.

Those example are apples to oranges for ARod's situation.

Manning's initial contact in 2012 was team friendly. I'm sure Rodgers makes another 8 figure salary every year from State Farm, Ford, Prevea, Adidas, etc so not a whole lot different than Brady.

There's nothing wrong with him asking for everything he can't get, but he better be prepared to carry the team and not complain about its weaknesses. 

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm sure Rodgers agrees with such a fine line.  He definitely doesn't consider his career stats at all and wouldn't like to get more than 13 touchdowns this season.

If Rodgers is healthy, I want him to play.  You sit your franchise QB to lose games and you deserve to lose games. 

I think he plays if healthy .. regardless of record.  He's going to be pushing to play and if those scans check out let him play.  Worst case scenario is that he gets his collar bone banged up again.  We aren't talking about torn labrums and rotator cuffs .. it's a collarbone.   I don't think the risk of re-injury this year is going to be any higher this year than it will be next year.  If it's healed .. it's healed .. play ball!

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I think he plays if healthy .. regardless of record.  He's going to be pushing to play and if those scans check out let him play.  Worst case scenario is that he gets his collar bone banged up again.   I don't think the risk of re-injury this year is going to be any higher this year than it will be next year.  If it's healed .. it's healed .. play ball!

THIS 100%

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Manning's initial contact in 2012 was team friendly. I'm sure Rodgers makes another 8 figure salary every year from State Farm, Ford, Prevea, Adidas, etc so not a whole lot different than Brady.

There's nothing wrong with him asking for everything he can't get, but he better be prepared to carry the team and not complain about its weaknesses. 

Other than Brady has his own brand, married to a millionaire and has about ten million more fans buying his stuff.  It's not even close off the field.  Aaron does very well, but he is not in the same class, money wise, off the field.

Just now, Dubz41 said:

Other than Brady has his own brand, married to a millionaire and has about ten million more fans buying his stuff.  It's not even close off the field.  Aaron does very well, but he is not in the same class, money wise, off the field.

What's your argument here? That Aaron Rodgers will be hurting if he takes 25m instead of 30? Plenty of players who makes far less on this team have taken less.

4 hours ago, spilltray said:

Wrong. There is no tag to return.

Wrong.  There is, but you don't have to designate them when they go on IR, unlike in years past.

But you do have to designate them to return prior to their returning... and you only get 2 of those.  And the last one was used on Rodgers already.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Wrong.  There is, but you don't have to designate them when they go on IR, unlike in years past.

But you do have to designate them to return prior to their returning... and you only get 2 of those.  And the last one was used on Rodgers already.

Wrong.

You shouldn't start two sentences in a row with conjunctions.

Archived