Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

55 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

The Packers already tagged Aaron for return too, so I'd say he's playing regardless of playoff chances.

IF they're eliminated, they'll just flag him and say his recover didn't go as planned and holding him out.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

IF they're eliminated, they'll just flag him and say his recover didn't go as planned and holding him out.

How the hell do you sell that to the ticket buying public?  If Aaron is medically cleared to play you think he's going to agree to sit?  So the Packers scratch a healthy Arod? That's not going to do the NFL any good. Plus, it's already been reported how well he has been recovering. He is the best player in the game and you think he's going to agree to miss games in a profession that is already famous for short careers?  I just don't see that happening.  Fanspeak? Gimme a break, try thinking like him once instead of a Madden Coach.

If Aaron is healthy he's trying to play.  There is a Cinderella story in the making here and he won't back off the possibility. If we win at Cleveland Arod will be on the field vs. Carolina.

Try this: we win in Cleveland and Rodgers comes back leads us to the playoffs at 10-6.  How much will he make on his next contract?

5 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Try this: we win in Cleveland and Rodgers comes back leads us to the playoffs at 10-6.  How much will he make on his next contract?

You really concerned about this?  Because I'm not.  We've pretty clearly been preparing for this for a while now.  We're loaded with cap space the next three years and we really don't have any absolute need to re-sign guys for the next three years.

41 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You really concerned about this?  Because I'm not.  We've pretty clearly been preparing for this for a while now.  We're loaded with cap space the next three years and we really don't have any absolute need to re-sign guys for the next three years.

Not concerned HZ, just saying if he's medically cleared he is going to play because it's an opportunity to show just how good he is.  An exclamation point on his career.

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Rodgers is getting $30 mil per if he wants it ... wonder if he will follow Brady and take a home town discount in exchange for the Packers being aggressive in procuring talent?  I think he might. 

11 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

How the hell do you sell that to the ticket buying public?  If Aaron is medically cleared to play you think he's going to agree to sit?  So the Packers scratch a healthy Arod? That's not going to do the NFL any good. Plus, it's already been reported how well he has been recovering. He is the best player in the game and you think he's going to agree to miss games in a profession that is already famous for short careers?  I just don't see that happening.  Fanspeak? Gimme a break, try thinking like him once instead of a Madden Coach.

If Aaron is healthy he's trying to play.  There is a Cinderella story in the making here and he won't back off the possibility. If we win at Cleveland Arod will be on the field vs. Carolina.

Don't think it will add much to it, he's already getting 30 million plus. He's the most talented QB of all time and we are nothing without him. He carries his head coach, this team and the franchise. He papers over humongous cracks.

He's getting paid and he deserves every single penny.

Rodgers will get paid whatever he wants. If he takes all he can get and ends up with 1 ring, he'll share in the blame for that however. Both Brady and Manning have bucked the old QBs don't win SBs by taking a discount, if Rodgers signed for 23-25m per that would go a long way in helping us keep the roster around him.

Archived