The Howie Roseman is Elite and I’ve Never Said Anything Different Thread

EaglesPeteC

54 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Hunter would be a great addition. I was looking more for a veteran 1 year deal for a rotation piece but with BG and Cox hanging it up next year, might as well do it a little prematurely and sure up the next few years on the DL. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Team acquiring him takes on his base salary of 4.9 million, and then he is a free agent after the season.

58 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Hunter would be a great addition. I was looking more for a veteran 1 year deal for a rotation piece but with BG and Cox hanging it up next year, might as well do it a little prematurely and sure up the next few years on the DL. 

Yeah, I would assume if we did move for him it would come with an extension which basically begs the question.... can we afford him?

There is no question our DL would be stacked with Hunter up front though. My lord.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah, I would assume if we did move for him it would come with an extension which basically begs the question.... can we afford him?

There is no question our DL would be stacked with Hunter up front though. My lord.

He’d want a bag for sure. Anytime there’s a multi year deal, the first year usually nets nothing on base salary and a big bonus spread out. Howie could really spread it however he wants but goes into danger zones from time to time as we’ve seen. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

As much as I'd like to have Hunter. I think Ngakoue makes more sense for us.

Yea I’d agree. He makes the most sense even though it’d probably be easier (in a way) getting a Hunter deal done long term. Signing Ngakoue most likely for a 1 year deal means all that money is due this year. Although Howie has spread those out too. But signing Hunter to a long term deal would give us ample time to spread money out. And the trade compensation. Don’t know what he’d fetch. A second maybe? 3rd hopefully. I think Yannick would be the smarter move financially. Who knows what offers he has though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Something's gotta be coming. I'm shocked Howie's stayed quite this long. He's got roster spots and cash to burn. I know he's itching 😂

Waiting for TC IMO. Most of these Veteran FA wouldn't want to be participating in OTA's anyways. No hurry really.

This gives him an opportunity not to spend now if another position (🤞hope not🤞) suffers an injury in TC instead. Be surprised if anything occurs before TC outside of a fluke injury before then. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u

• 5 weeks later...

"Just a reminder... Howie Roseman turned Carson Wentz into AJ BROWN , DeVonta Smith & Jalen Carter as well as a 2024 2nd rd draft pick & only had 1 year of dead cap 🐐."

Of course Howie was responsible for giving Carson said contract in the 1st place but, nice turn around after the mistake non the less. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Is there any indication of who howie wanted? Howies always been very heavy in the trenches since getting with the eagles in 2000 so I wonder if he was wanting the jets to go Warren sapp there. At least they got Hugh Douglas later but he really didn’t become a dominant force till he went to the eagles.