House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

18 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Daemon is a complex character, I like that. And yeah, the actress playing Rhaenyra, amazing. 

Seems like they’re gonna fit a lot in one season. How many seasons do they have planned for this storyline?

I think they just renewed it for a 2nd season, not too sure about anything past that, someone might know more.

26 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:
45 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Seems like they’re gonna fit a lot in one season. How many seasons do they have planned for this storyline?

I think they just renewed it for a 2nd season, not too sure about anything past that, someone might know more.

The current storyline is expected to only take 3, maybe 4 seasons.  However, there's a lot of smoke that the show will turn into an anthology series as long as it remains popular.

Showrunner Miguel Sapochnik was asked about the show potentially becoming an anthology series:

Absolutely. I think that’s one of the interesting things about the Targaryens. We’ve chosen a story that’s almost like Star Wars: Episode IV. It’s the New Nope. We can go backwards, we can go forwards. There’s a lot of opportunities there. I hope we’ve been given the opportunity to set up something.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, mse326 said:

This. By far the best part of these early episodes for me. Does anyone know when the two girls switch to their older selves?

I heard after episode 5. I really wished they didn’t and just take their time more. Can’t believe 6 months already passed between episodes. Are they really afraid the show is going to get canceled before it finishes? I just want Milly to be here for at least another season.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I heard after episode 5. I really wished they didn’t and just take their time more. Can’t believe 6 months already passed between episodes. Are they really afraid the show is going to get canceled before it finishes? I just want Milly to be here for at least another season.

I mean, there was going to be a giant time jump at some point, or they would have had to skip the whole set up.

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, there was going to be a giant time jump at some point, or they would have had to skip the whole set up.

I haven’t read the story this show is based on but did the time skip need to happen this season? Can’t it be pushed to the next and have this season be the set up?

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Its a bummer that they jump so early b/c Milly has been absolutely phenomenal so far. 

Funny thing is that they casted Emma first, and then looked for a younger counterpart. So Emma is supposed to be equally amazing if not better. But I do like Milly also and was hoping they postponed the time jump until at least next season.

30 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I haven’t read the story this show is based on but did the time skip need to happen this season? Can’t it be pushed to the next and have this season be the set up?

Slight spoilers from the book:

Spoiler

There's 29 years between the first episode and the beginning of the Dance of Dragons civil war. They'd had to have changed the timeline completely in order to make it make sense without time jumps. I guess they could have done more to spread out the first season and the time jump could happen in season 2, but there isn't a lot of details known besides what the show will adapt and it could have gotten really boring. HBO would have had to make up a lot of it, and we know how they've done with that in the past.

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16