House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

I thought Matt Smith was really good as Daemon. I’d wager he has some crazy in him. Haven’t seen Doctor Who (even though I’m from UK…). I had my reservations initially, but he was good, for me. 

Corlys is obviously wrong, but not going there. I think older Rhaenyra might be off. I’ll give it a shot though considering we haven’t seen her, but ….meh.

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Finally saw the first episode yesterday and I thought it was really good. Lots of great set up and political intrigue. Different story but I could tel I was in the GoT world.

I thought Daemon was fine. His ears did bother me, though. Looked like a dark elf. Lol

So true hahah

Alright I’m on board. Good second episode. I don’t hate viserys’ character so much now. Funny he keeps getting infections from sitting the throne lol. The upcoming power struggle will be fun to watch. I think Dr Who is my favorite character so far. Originally when I watched GoT I viewed the whole Targaryen family as villainous but some don’t seem like horrible people. 

Another good episode. Starting to hate that the season will cover so much time because the actress playing Rhaenyra is killing it.

14 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I don’t hate viserys’ character so much now. Funny he keeps getting infections from sitting the throne lol.

I wonder how much they'll go into that, because things like this have been touched on in the past in the world of the show/books.

• Like 2

Actually enjoyed the 2nd episode more than the first. I think the gore and body dismemberment was a little too much for me in the first episode. It was nice to see the characters grow and the political maneuvering without the excessive distraction in this episode. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Another good episode. Starting to hate that the season will cover so much time because the actress playing Rhaenyra is killing it.

While I agree she is doing great, I love that it's showing the passage of time and not playing off like this is all happening over a three week period.

I have to admit, hearing the OG GoT theme for the intro kind of threw me off.  I get going with it since it's iconic, but I think they should have come up with a new theme.

Infections from cuts from the Iron Throne make sense, but for some reason I thought he had grayscale.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 9:13 PM, RuskieTitan said:

Overall, I thought it was a strong first episode that helped wash some of the bad taste of GoT out. Normally I hate 'prequels' since you know what's going to end up being the ultimate outcome, but as long as they keep a good pace and the story interesting, I'll come for the ride.

Some characters were a little stale, but I'm willing to give it a bit more time before casting judgement.

The tournament and child birthing scenes were well done in overlap, and definitely set the mood for the season to come, though it's a bit eerie thinking this might be the exact type of future that the GOP hopes for.

While I completely agree with this statement, my only question - why is it so far away from the GOT timeline. 170 years or so? I clearly haven't read the books, so I don't know what the significance will be or when I should be "shocked." Right now, I'm just going along with the ride, but I'm curious as to when we will start being able to link names, etc. The video that someone had posted earlier helped me kind of pick up pieces and connect individuals. 

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

While I completely agree with this statement, my only question - why is it so far away from the GOT timeline. 170 years or so? I clearly haven't read the books, so I don't know what the significance will be or when I should be "shocked." Right now, I'm just going along with the ride, but I'm curious as to when we will start being able to link names, etc. The video that someone had posted earlier helped me kind of pick up pieces and connect individuals. 

There's 10,000+ years of history in this world. They chose the timeline because it's an exciting time that can be easily adapted for TV that can still have connections to the original show.

There's already been name drops and Easter eggs to connect the shows. Baratheon, Stark, the catspaw dagger, familiar locations, etc. As for names to connect to the original show...there won't be any besides the last names.

You'll just have to keep watching for the shocking moments and the overall significance.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

While I agree she is doing great, I love that it's showing the passage of time and not playing off like this is all happening over a three week period.

I have to admit, hearing the OG GoT theme for the intro kind of threw me off.  I get going with it since it's iconic, but I think they should have come up with a new theme.

Infections from cuts from the Iron Throne make sense, but for some reason I thought he had grayscale.

Agreed. I'm glad they're keeping to the true timeline, but it's certainly a pro and con.

Also agreed. Maybe end it with the same instrumental as an homage, but this show should have had its own theme. It's cool hearing it, but a miss for me.

There's a kind of superstition in Westeros that the Iron Throne can reject unworthy kings. For example, Maegor I was found on the throne cut all over his body having bled to death. No one knows who killed him and a good bit of people believe the throne itself did it.

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

There's 10,000+ years of history in this world. They chose the timeline because it's an exciting time that can be easily adapted for TV that can still have connections to the original show.

There's already been name drops and Easter eggs to connect the shows. Baratheon, Stark, the catspaw dagger, familiar locations, etc. As for names to connect to the original show...there won't be any besides the last names.

You'll just have to keep watching for the shocking moments and the overall significance.

I’ve heard this show takes place in the same universe as GoT too

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

“House of the Dragon viewers are left disgusted by ‘****ed up’ relationship storyline” lol. They might be even more disgusted to pick up a history book and discover what a lot of this is based on. 

A DUDE BANGED HIS AUNT AND ANOTHER DUDE WAS BEDDING HIS SISTER, GTFO. 

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16