House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

Loving the series so far, I’m all in for the Princess.

I hate that I’m mentioning this, but Targaryens have been marrying brother and sisters for years. Daenerys own parents were brother and sister. Do they not marry father/daughter to protect the family line?

35 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I hate that I’m mentioning this, but Targaryens have been marrying brother and sisters for years. Daenerys own parents were brother and sister. Do they not marry father/daughter to protect the family line?

I don’t believe father and daughter have wed before, could be wrong tho. 

Enjoyed the 2nd episode a lot better than the first

Rhaenyra is by far my favorite character so far, The actor is doing a very good job imo with her role

The Dragonstone scene I thought was done very well, Rhaenyra owned that ish, You could tell that she would make a good Queen and is getting severely overlooked because of who she is

Itll be interesting to see how Lord Corlys and Daemons feud with Viserys and the throne ends up

The hand of the king (forgetting his name) has a hidden agenda and it involves him pimping out his daughter wonder what his motives are besides wanting to get into royalty

Daemons dragon looks like a mean sob

That crab master(?) dude looks pretty cool as well thought his costume was top notch

Also totally forget that his pinky was cut by the iron throne thanks to whoever mentioned that

Also i really gotta read these books

• Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 10:24 PM, seminoles1 said:

Another good episode. Starting to hate that the season will cover so much time because the actress playing Rhaenyra is killing it.

This. By far the best part of these early episodes for me. Does anyone know when the two girls switch to their older selves?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Acgott said:

Off the top of my head, that has never happened. The closest would be uncle / niece. Most of the time its brother / sisters (I think once they were twins?) and cousins. The Velaryons been marriages outside of the immediate family a few times as they are also a part of old Valyria before the fall, I believe, so for a time they were preferred as a way to keep the blood "pure". The rumors of the world are that the Baratheons also have Targaryen blood dating back from the start; Orys Baratheon was supposedly a bastard half brother to Aegon the first. So they have been marriage options a time or two in the past as well I believe. 

But honestly the Targs aren't completely opposed to marrying outside of the family. That is mostly the preference for succession it seems like (except in the case of Egg, Maester Aemon's little brother, who tried to have all his children marry outside of the family), but sometimes they have married way outside the family (Viserys was married to an Arryn and Daemon to a Royce for example) because there were no immediate matches, or political reasons (bringing Dorne into the fold). But they have also just married all over the place, particularly in the eras when Targs have been plentiful. Women tend to do it more than the men (Targ women have married from houses big and small), though Egg was so far out of the line of succession that his match wasn't even made for political reasons, and he was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted and just fell in love with a Blackwood. 

• Like 1

I was wondering if the white Walker secret from king to heir led to Aerys Targaryens brain snapping as he tried to burn everyone. Maybe Bran Stark Vontaze Burfict warged his brain and turned him into AB 

Edited by Ty21

12 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Not to mention I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Alicent ends up puppeteering the king at times. She wont be some agency lacking child bride. Girls gonna have a story ark for sure. 

I’d assume so too, but it kinda looks like her dad is pulling the strings for now. Viserys seems very easy to manipulate. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I was wondering if the white Walker secret from king to heir led to Aegon Targaryens brain snapping as he tried to burn everyone. Maybe Bran Stark Vontaze Burfict warged his brain and turned him into AB 

*Aerys

I wonder how well this twist of Aegon's premonition being passed on to each heir holds up to scrutiny. I might deep dive into this my next day off.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

*Aerys

I wonder how well this twist of Aegon's premonition being passed on to each heir holds up to scrutiny. I might deep dive into this my next day off.

I think with what’s coming, it’s going to be quite obvious why Rhaenyra doesn’t pass it on. But we’ll see what the show does 

E2 was a set up episode, but again, it was like S1-3 of GOT. No blood shed but it didn’t it. Very intriguing episode

Loved Caraxes’ roar - harrowing high pitched type of noise. It’s clear all the dragons have their own look, sounds, temperament etc. one of George’s “demands”

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Loved Caraxes’ roar - harrowing high pitched type of noise. It’s clear all the dragons have their own look, sounds, temperament etc. one of George’s “demands”

Loved that scene so much with the way Daemons dragon entered the scene crawling over the mountain showing off his might then Rhaenyra flying in on her dragon with the clouds shifting through the sky as she approached flew over with everyone watching and then landing on the kings hand side and just walking up to Daemon not giving an eff and then basically telling him to kill her if he truly wants the Iron throne.

The dragons CGI is so well done in this imo

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 2

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16