House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

1 minute ago, August4th said:

show has been a good mix of early GOT politics and late era GOT action. I think they're laying down a solid base to build of for a great season 2 and beyond.

Have they outlined at all what that looks like? Is it going to be like The Crown and each season is the next generation?

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Have they outlined at all what that looks like? Is it going to be like The Crown and each season is the next generation?

This current story will be about 3-4 seasons worth. Season 1 is the set up for the Dance of the Dragons, which will take place over the next few seasons.

After that they could go forward or backward in time for their next story.

• Like 1

Fantastic 3rd episode

Rhaenyra is still a complete bad***, My favorite character still, Daemon is probably 2nd.

Hand of the king might as well get out his baby powder out for all the pimping out hes doing, Dudes a snake in the grass.

Does House Velaryon have control of dragons too? Who was it at the end of ep 3 on dragon back? It looked like the nephew that was mouthing off when they were discussing tactics (forgetting the names of  the nephew and who he was mouthing off to) If it was how could he of been on dragon back? I thought it was only House Targaryen that had control of dragons? Im pretty ignorant on the lore and such though.

Agreed with the fans being robbed of the fight between Daemon and the Crabfeeder we should of been able to see that fight but it almost feels like a bit of a money saver to me.

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 2

One thing I think they could’ve been better about though, just something that takes you out a bit. Entire massive volleys of arrows all missing him entirely as he charged and then getting hit by 3 at the end. I understand having him charge like a madman makes him look like an idiot if he gets hit by an arrow at all while running in, so it would’ve looked better if he’d taken shelter with each wave, or had a shield to sponge some of the arrows. Having them totally miss him when he’s the only target takes it beyond the point of suspending belief. 
Something that’s helped me not be so contrarian in being overly critical of action shows is my own acceptance of main character syndrome. Parts where characters are shown in stupid spots that defy logic with survival are excusable by telling yourself this story is about them for a reason. The story wouldn’t be about someone that dies there.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Fantastic 3rd episode

Rhaenyra is still a complete bad***, My favorite character still, Daemon is probably 2nd.

Hand of the king might as well get out his baby powder for the pimping out hes doing, Dudes a snake in the grass.

Does House Velaryon have control of dragons too? Who was it at the end of ep 3 on dragon back? It looked like the nephew that was mouthing off when they were discussing tactics (forgetting the names of  the nephew and who he was mouthing off to) If it was how could he of been on dragon back? I thought it was only House Targaryen that had control of dragons? Im pretty ignorant on the lore and such though.

Agreed with the fans being robbed of the fight between Daemon and the Crabfeeder we should of been able to see that fight but it almost feels like a bit of a money saver to me.

There’s only one trustworthy advisor in this show so far and I can’t remember his name. He’s the guy that recommends Rhaenyra marries her cousin. The same one who was riding the dragon at the end.

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Fantastic 3rd episode

Hand of the king might as well get out his baby powder for the pimping out hes doing, Dudes a snake in the grass.

Targaryen's are not the only dragonriders. They were one of many families from old Valyria that were dragonriders. House Velaryon is also an old house from old Valyria. They were never dragonriders, but because of their Valyrian blood they were often married to Targaryens in Westeros.

Laenor Velaryon, Corlys' son you saw riding the dragon, is half-Targaryen and thus able to ride dragons. His mother is Rhaenys Targaryen, who was (in the show) the woman who Viserys was picked over to ascend the throne by the Great Council. In the books it was actually Laenor who was the other finalist against Viserys, not Rhaenys.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Targaryen's are not the only dragonriders. They were one of many families from old Valyria that were dragonriders. House Velaryon is also an old house from old Valyria. They were never dragonriders, but because of their Valyrian blood they were often married to Targaryens in Westeros.

Laenor Velaryon, the nephew to Corlys you saw riding the dragon, is half-Targaryen and thus able to ride dragons. His mother is Rhaenys Targaryen, who was (in the show) the woman who Viserys was picked over to ascend the throne by the Great Council. In the books it was actually Laenor who was the other finalist against Viserys, not Rhaenys.

Sweet thank you for the clarification

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Laenor Velaryon, the nephew to Corlys you saw riding the dragon, is half-Targaryen and thus able to ride dragons. His mother is Rhaenys Targaryen, who was (in the show) the woman who Viserys was picked over to ascend the throne by the Great Council. In the books it was actually Laenor who was the other finalist against Viserys, not Rhaenys.

Laenor is Corlys son

• Like 2