House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I heard the book was written essentially as a historical documentation more than a story like ASOIAF. I feel like this will have a lot of loose ends and be okay with it because it’s not trying to satisfy a typical story. 

Yeah I actually stopped reading it because it was kinda like a text book. I'm not much of a reader in general but I got through all of ASOIAF and the Dunk and Egg one before I tried this one. 

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I heard the book was written essentially as a historical documentation more than a story like ASOIAF. I feel like this will have a lot of loose ends and be okay with it because it’s not trying to satisfy a typical story. 

It was. It's an in-universe telling of the Targaryen's by an archmaester, which makes some of it quite subjective. Not as interesting to read.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It was. It's an in-universe telling of the Targaryen's by an archmaester, which makes some of it quite subjective. Not as interesting to read.

It being subjective gives the writers room to do whatever they want with the show then 

• Like 2

What was the big deal with the Queen wearing green, and entering the weeding late? Was it because she was late and interrupted the kings speech that made it so suspenseful or what? Also what was with the comment between 2 people about the color green? Green meaning war is being called upon or something like that? Im not remembering it word for word right now so its not entirely helpful. Whats the hidden message behind wearing green?

Kind confused about the wedding scene as well, sounds like we dont know who or what set off all the commotion but we will see, maybe? I thought i saw knights dressed in red and black entering but they were probably just the crowns knights.

I guess when you replace 1 rat, another will show up. I dont remember his name but hes the hands son, the one with the cane. Seems shady to me. It also seems like the hand has another son? the one he sent into the commotion to get Rhaenyra out of the scuffle, he seems like a badass. Wonder what his role will be like going forward.

Sounds like Daemon now has a kingdom and people that hes inheriting, should be interesting.

Man oh man theres a lot going to be going on wit the show being able to go in so many directions.

What happens with Daemon and his inheritance? What becomes of Criston and the queen Alicent, after she walked into him trying to kill himself? How does the marriage between Rhaenyra and Leanor pan out, now that his BF is dead? Queen Alicents family seem to be coming into play now as well, what becomes of them and that situation?  Who does Lord Corlys daughter end up with? Her and Daemon seemed to hit it off a bit while they were dancing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

What was the big deal with the Queen wearing green, and entering the weeding late?

Wearing green and going to the weeding are both marks of an excellent gardener 

Also what was with the comment between 2 people about the color green?

green is the color her house uses to symbol a call for banners, a sign of incumbent war

the one he sent into the commotion to get Rhaenyra out of the scuffle, he seems like a badass. Wonder what his role will be like going forward.

The badass 

How does the marriage between Rhaenyra and Leanor pan out, now that his BF is dead? Queen Alicents family seem to be coming into play now as well, what becomes of them and that situation?  Who does Lord Corlys daughter end up with? Her and Daemon seemed to hit it off a bit while they were dancing.

i think it goes the same but with different gay dudes. And I think daemon ends up w corlys daughter, it only makes sense if he’s vying for his own power. 

edit: and about the queen’s dramatic entrance, I think it shamed the king a little bit and showed off his weakness. That kind of thing you would’ve never seen with someone like King Robert 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Wearing green and going to the weeding are both marks of an excellent gardener 

green is the color her house uses to symbol a call for banners, a sign of incumbent war.

Nice troll, guess i should of re read what i wrote lol Didnt notice it till now

Incumbent war meaning what when it comes to the show? Meaning she wants her house to go to war against the Targaryens, so her son will become king? Or war within the 7 kingdoms?

EDIT: I read a few articles and watched a recap and its pretty much rallying people to her side so her son can become king.

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Nice troll, guess i should of re read what i wrote lol Didnt notice it till now

Incumbent war meaning what when it comes to the show? Meaning she wants her house to go to war against the Targaryens, so her son will become king? Or war within the 7 kingdoms?

EDIT: I read a few articles and watched a recap and its pretty much rallying people to her side so her son can become king.

It's a declaration to Rhaenyra. She's been wearing Targaryen red and black for years and now she's showing her hand that HER family comes first. Calling Rhaenyra stepdaughter also was a pretty thinly veiled way of showing Rhaenyra that she is no longer her ally.

Her showing up to the wedding when she did meant all eyes were on her while she was showing her new colors. She's declaring herself a player in the game now.

As the articles you read said, this is Alicent's way of showing us she's no longer naive and simply believing what her friend tells her. She's on a path similar to Sansa Stark, going from innocent girl to true power player. She's playing her hand and letting everyone know, without outright saying it, that Rhaenyra will not go unchallenged as Viserys' heir.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It's a declaration to Rhaenyra. She's been wearing Targaryen red and black for years and now she's showing her hand that HER family comes first. Calling Rhaenyra stepdaughter also was a pretty thinly veiled way of showing Rhaenyra that she is no longer her ally.

Her showing up to the wedding when she did meant all eyes were on her while she was showing her new colors. She's declaring herself a player in the game now.

As the articles you read said, this is Alicent's way of showing us she's no longer naive and simply believing what her friend tells her. She's on a path similar to Sansa Stark, going from innocent girl to true power player. She's playing her hand and letting everyone know, without outright saying it, that Rhaenyra will not go unchallenged as Viserys' heir.

Thank ya thank ya

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Meaning she wants her house to go to war against the Targaryens, so her son will become king? Or war within the 7 kingdoms?

What her dad said as he was leaving. Rhaenyra will kill her kids if they stand in the way of her reign. So she’s gearing up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

One thing they could have done better is illustrating the Strong family ties. They did a poor job of showing that the crippled guy and big badass were the sons of Lyonel. 

Also, is it just me or does Breakbones look older than Lyonel. Not sure how they managed to miscast that agewise so oddly. 

Agreed. It took looking at the subreddit so know who any of the strongs were lol. The patriarch looks 45 and his kids look late 30s but I guess that kind of stuff would be commonplace in this universe. 

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16