House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

24 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

I don't like anyone on the show. Probably because I don't think I'm supposed to. The actors are doing a nice job. The Targaryens are all crazy in some aspect. I more so just feel bad for the King because he just wants everything to be right. The others though. The kids are all awful, well Alicent's.

The Velaryon's were likeable enough and just get hated on.

For some reason i dont really hate on the Targaryens. I know i shouldnt root for them but i do. The Velaryons are the most likeable for me, but for some reason dont really consider that family the "stars" of the show, like Targaryens or Hightowers.

I do have to say, the kid actors did a good job last episode and added convincing conflict in their squabble that led to the one losing an eye. Disney could take note of it themselves with how badly they did with Leia in Kenobi. I can’t even think of that show without thinking of her running away from her pursuers in the woods at like 2 MPH. It looked like she learned to walk yesterday and they were all on ice skates. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It was cool thinking Harwin Strong was gonna be a hulking badass when he was introduced. 

Homeboy didn’t last long at all. Gotta feel for the kids a bit. 

Also reminds me that Larys is an extremely unlikeable character as well, for me. 

17 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Homeboy didn’t last long at all. Gotta feel for the kids a bit. 

Also reminds me that Larys is an extremely unlikeable character as well, for me. 

He has to be. His name is a combination of Varys and Littlefinger. It wasn’t hard for GRRM to name characters

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Wow. What a heartbreaking way for that episode to end. Obviously we knew that peace between Alicent and Rhaenyra wasn't going to last, but man alive what a way for that to all come apart.

It was a great episode. That dinner had so much tension. Viserys was fantastic. We need a good fight though. Daemon vs Cole/Aemond. Hopefully with swords.

I’m most surprised the Hightowers married Aegon and Haelga. I would think they would want to give them a non sibling/Targaryen match for both faith and power reasons. Poor Lannister is just sitting on his mountain of gold all alone.

• Like 2

This show blows The rings of power out of the water.  It’s a soap opera, but it’s still stomping amazons guts out. Geez. I even think the ROP had better material to work with, but I might be wrong. 

Viserys lasted a lot longer than I thought. Aemond and daemon’s little stare down was good. 

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16