House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Only gripe with this show is the fact that didn't really develop some of these main characters.... well, now main characters. Larys was just someone who showed up and now he's doing big things with only being in .5 episodes prior unless I missed something. 

Did I miss something?

Overall though, this show has been excellent and I'm very excited for the future especially after last night's episode

Are we keeping these adult actors for the remainder of the show? It's been tough trying to re-figure out who everyone is every other episode. Kind of a bad way to tell a story when the audience isn't reintroduced to characters who've changed so much, or even told that "hey! Here's a time skip!" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

Are we keeping these adult actors for the remainder of the show? It's been tough trying to re-figure out who everyone is every other episode. Kind of a bad way to tell a story when the audience isn't reintroduced to characters who've changed so much, or even told that "hey! Here's a time skip!" 

yep, them here on out as far as we know.

If we're getting more seasons leading up to The Mad King and Robert's Rebellion, I wonder if the plan is these new actors start next season too. Then they get swapped for more aged 55-65 year old actors halfway in.

I'm sure some characters will die and they won't have to bother. Just curious how this will go.

Budget wise digitally de-aging/aging this many people was too much, that level of old age makeup on 14-22 year old actors would've been goofy...it's jarring, but I get why they did it this way.

7 hours ago, NickButera said:

Yes. These were the actors originally cast and will carry us until the end of the civil war.

This is the first episode where I wished they had condensed the storyline instead of utilized time jumps. Not that the new actors weren't great, but so much was just kind of glossed over.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

If we're getting more seasons leading up to The Mad King and Robert's Rebellion, I wonder if the plan is these new actors start next season too. Then they get swapped for more aged 55-65 year old actors halfway in.

Yeah, it's these actors going forward. The civil war only lasts about 2 years.

I'm hoping the next storyline they do is Aegon's Conquest, with an entire episode prologue about old Valyria and the Doom.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:41 PM, seminoles1 said:

Am I wrong in thinking Larys and Harwin had a decent relationship? Granted, it was only a couple of scenes, but they seemed to be solid.

I guess Larys cared more about his own interests and getting in Alicent's good graces.

I hate him.

I thought it was quite interesting how Lord Corlys and Daemon had a conversation early in the season about how second sons aren't given worth, they must be made. And Larys went forth and made himself Lord of Harrenhal.

He's definitely one of the premier villains so far, like Little Finger or Ramsey.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, it's these actors going forward. The civil war only lasts about 2 years.

I'm hoping the next storyline they do is Aegon's Conquest, with an entire episode prologue about old Valyria and the Doom.

I would really like the shows to explore more of valyrian history. As a matter of fact, everything across the sea outside of Westeros seems like they only mention here or there.  I like how GoT spent some time across the sea and told some stories. 

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I would really like the shows to explore more of valyrian history. As a matter of fact, everything across the sea outside of Westeros seems like they only mention here or there.  I like how GoT spent some time across the sea and told some stories. 

Agreed. This world is very dense and full of potential, but I wonder how long an entire series could hold the general public's attention for a lot of it.

I think they'd have to cut the budget for any series set outside of Westeros pretty significantly.

• Like 1

Great episode. was not expecting the hand and his son to be offed so quickly. Larys is a snake just like i called and am just waiting for him to get his, my least favorite character, followed by Alicent and Criston. 

I am getting a little over the actor changes and time jumps, tbh, its taking away from the show for me.

Laena holy he**, was not expecting that at all, im not entirely sure why she did it, she seemed happy ish. Wonder how that affects Daemon and his daughters.

Loved the dragons in this episode, as always. The dragon riding scene between Daemon and Laen was pretty neat for me.

Wonder what happens to Rhaenyra and Leanor in Dragonstone. Viserys is on his own now. Alot of thing about to happen it feels like with things starting to split in a ton of different directions.

Edited by mattyice0401

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think the next one is dunk and egg. I thought that was already confirmed

Pretty sure that's a different spinoff series. There's been lots of talk that this series will turn into an anthology series after the Dance of the Dragons is done. Sapochnik compared this storyline to Star Wars starting with episode IV. They can go backwards or forwards from here.

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16