House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

Loved the scene w/ Alicent and Rhaenyra at the end. Overall another good build-up episode as the conflict looks like it's going to boil over into something fierce next week.

Looking forward to it.

I'm on the flip side of this, that scene with Alicent and Rhaneyra was ludicrous.  30 seconds after Alicent isn't at knifepoint the city should have been locked down, Rhaneyra captured and executed, war over.  This was even worse than Rhaneys not ending things, and is directly responsible for the upcoming tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of deaths that will happen in the coming war.  Gross negligence isn't a captivating plot point.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm on the flip side of this, that scene with Alicent and Rhaneyra was ludicrous.  30 seconds after Alicent isn't at knifepoint the city should have been locked down, Rhaneyra captured and executed, war over.  This was even worse than Rhaneys not ending things, and is directly responsible for the upcoming tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of deaths that will happen in the coming war.  Gross negligence isn't a captivating plot point.

A fair point. I just liked it from the dialogue perspective but this is absolutely valid

15 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Clearly not since the kingsguard has allowed multiple members of the house to be almost murdered ( 1 success) not to mention like 10% of the bloody city watch is still loyal to daemon. 

Rhaenys hesitated in killing her own family that's not negligence that's human emotion showing that she's not a thoughtless killer. (Unlike Daemon who uh well......he didn't care who they killed as long as it someone Targaryen) 

It's not negligence this was a war both sides started and continued to aggravate, Aemond losing an eye but stealing someone else's dragon was the spark. Viserys being a weak but dying king that couldn't heal the divide let it fester like the wounds he physically had. 

No one is responsible for this war, Aegon and his family wanted the throne and took it, legally speaking Rhanerya is the rightful heir as the kings word is law. Rhanerya responding in kind to take back what is rightfully hers is well within her rights. 

The scene was meant to show that Alicent was wrong and her mistakes and countless bickerings led to this war by daring to take the crown. 

In this world who even wants to be King, or Queen. Rather be a Prince 3rd or 4th in line. Pretty much still get all the fun a king has, without the headache, and people always plotting to kill you.

Basically Tyrion without his cruel sister hating.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

In this world who even wants to be King, or Queen. Rather be a Prince 3rd or 4th in line. Pretty much still get all the fun a king has, without the headache, and people always plotting to kill you.

Basically Tyrion without his cruel sister hating.

Ego is the same in every world.

7 hours ago, Xmad said:

Clearly not since the kingsguard has allowed multiple members of the house to be almost murdered ( 1 success) not to mention like 10% of the bloody city watch is still loyal to daemon. 

Rhaenys hesitated in killing her own family that's not negligence that's human emotion showing that she's not a thoughtless killer. (Unlike Daemon who uh well......he didn't care who they killed as long as it someone Targaryen) 

It's not negligence this was a war both sides started and continued to aggravate, Aemond losing an eye but stealing someone else's dragon was the spark. Viserys being a weak but dying king that couldn't heal the divide let it fester like the wounds he physically had. 

No one is responsible for this war, Aegon and his family wanted the throne and took it, legally speaking Rhanerya is the rightful heir as the kings word is law. Rhanerya responding in kind to take back what is rightfully hers is well within her rights. 

The scene was meant to show that Alicent was wrong and her mistakes and countless bickerings led to this war by daring to take the crown. 

Rhaneys I agree with, I could at least understand that.  Troops are literally marching at the point of this meeting, it's gross negligence on Alicent's part, they are at war already. Wrong or right motivations in the beginning, she condemned thousands upon thousands to their deaths because she didn't feel good about it. Gross negligence.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Plus, this wasn't in the Red keep with secret passageways with their own secret passageways, this was out in the open at the Sept in the heart of the city.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

I think this show is just..fine? The acting is elite and it looks gorgeous, but I feel like it's missing something. I have a hard time caring about anything that's going on in this story

• Like 2

It also has the same pacing issues people complained about the last two seasons of GOT. One scene Rhaneyra is at dragonstone, and the next she’s at KL. She can’t take her dragon so it would have took weeks I’m assuming.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

It also has the same pacing issues people complained about the last two seasons of GOT. One scene Rhaneyra is at dragonstone, and the next she’s at KL. She can’t take her dragon so it would have took weeks I’m assuming.

Yeah, it took Gendry like 4 years to row that distance.

• Like 3