House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Is she not as prominent in the books? I feel like she's not really used often in the show so if she's getting more screen time for other people's tasks in the books, that gives me the impression she's just.... well, kinda just there lol

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

They are really trying to prop up Rhaneyra as a character by giving her stuff to do that Daemon did in the book.

Yeah, Rhaenyra doesn't do much in the book at this time. It's been a little hit and miss, but overall I think solid show changes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, Rhaenyra doesn't do much in the book at this time. It's been a little hit and miss, but overall I think solid show changes.

Very interesting that one trying to promote herself as the rightful heir is not doing much in a time where there is quite a lot of turmoil. I'll be interested to see how the rest of this plays out.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Very interesting that one trying to promote herself as the rightful heir is not doing much in a time where there is quite a lot of turmoil. I'll be interested to see how the rest of this plays out.

She's the dragon queen can't exactly be doing much since it's her claim she's fighting for. 

Within reason of course, I feel like she should be 100% trying to find dragon riders with loyal houses to sure up her one advantage. BRING ON THE BASTARD VELAYARONS.

• Like 1

Seasmoke looks exactly like Daenerys' dragons. Didn't realize that until this episode.

Syrax should be a good bit bigger by now. Has seemingly not grown at all in 15-20 years.

Love Paddy. I'm not a huge fan of Daemon's visions, but I think the Viserys ones to (hopefully) end them worked well.

Rhaenyra once again being impulsive and not consulting her son or council about where she's going before just bailing from Dragonstone. I'm 50/50 on this Rhaenyra-Mysaria situation. Let's see where this goes.

I think they handled the Seasmoke situation well enough since Laenor is presumably still alive. Someone tried to claim him, he didn't like it and went looking for his rider...but found someone as close as you can get right now in his half-brother.

Alicent is just lost. She's right back to where she was as a little girl, not respected and being discussed for marriage.

Overall solid again. It hasn't hit some of the highs of season 1 so far, but overall I'm enjoying the filler they had to create for the show.

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Love Paddy. I'm not a huge fan of Daemon's visions, but I think the Viserys ones to (hopefully) end them worked well.

Rhaenyra once again being impulsive and not consulting her son or council about where she's going before just bailing from Dragonstone. I'm 50/50 on this Rhaenyra-Mysaria situation. Let's see where this goes.

I think they handled the Seasmoke situation well enough since Laenor is presumably still alive. Someone tried to claim him, he didn't like it and went looking for his rider...but found someone as close as you can get right now in his half-brother.

Alicent is just lost. She's right back to where she was as a little girl, not respected and being discussed for marriage.

Overall solid again. It hasn't hit some of the highs of season 1 so far, but overall I'm enjoying the filler they had to create for the show.

Aha, that's why Seasmoke was partial to him. I was trying to figure it out but that part slipped me.

I'm guessing at some point, the women of this show are going to start doing something b/c these guys are just walking all over them. 

On 7/21/2024 at 9:40 PM, seminoles1 said:

I'm 50/50 on this Rhaenyra-Mysaria situation. Let's see where this goes.

For me the timing was just brutal. Chemistry is there, but having the launching off point be immediately after Mysaria was recounting being raped and mutilated by her father was very uncomfortable.

39 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think I'm gonna tap out on this show

I'm still hyped for the dunk and egg show that's should be coming next year

I'll watch, but they are constantly changing stuff for the worse and every time I hear the producers talk about the show after an episode it reaffirms that they don't really know or case about the source material.

This season sorely misses Paddy Considine.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2