NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Donovan needs to pull a me or him move now or he's going to be like Damian Lillard. Legendary playoff performances and being sent to Cancun round 1/2. Good riddance to loser water boy Mike Conley as well. 

I feel you. Don't wanna see that happen to Mitchell. I'm begging Dame to run from the grind at this point. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel you. Don't wanna see that happen to Mitchell. I'm begging Dame to run from the grind at this point. 

Don ain't winning anything in Utah if Rudy is our 2nd best player. Need to cut ties now before it's too late and Don wants out. Also Quin needs to be fired as well, hire Johnnie Bryant.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Don ain't winning anything in Utah if Rudy is our 2nd best player. Need to cut ties now before it's too late and Don wants out. Also Quin needs to be fired as well, hire Johnnie Bryant.

I don't know their relationship. I know it was strained last season. Don't know if the winning (being the 1 seed) this year helped smooth things over or what. 

Also, what I would be worried about is the organization feeling like the injuries (Conley's hamstring and then Mitchell's ankle) were the main reason for not going further this year and try and run it back. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@TheRealMcCoy Mike Conley missed like 50 games over the last 2 seasons. Bring him back for what? To get hurt and be water boy? 

Didn't say they should bring him back, but it sounds like from what Jazz fans are saying is that if he walks that you can't really replace him.... much like Schroder with us. Seeing a lot of mentions of sign and trade.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Didn't say they should bring him back, but it sounds like from what Jazz fans are saying is that if he walks that you can't really replace him.... much like Schroder with us. Seeing a lot of mentions of sign and trade.

We can replace him with another water boy 

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't know their relationship. I know it was strained last season. Don't know if the winning (being the 1 seed) this year helped smooth things over or what. 

Also, what I would be worried about is the organization feeling like the injuries (Conley's hamstring and then Mitchell's ankle) were the main reason for not going further this year and try and run it back. 

We've been exposed in the playoffs in back to back seasons with zero perimeter defense, Rudy's inability to do anything of value in the playoffs, and Snyder's inability to make adjustments. Blew 3-1 last season and 2-0 this season. Major changes need to be made.

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Jazz should run it back and hope for better health luck. @NYRaider

Hell no, we need to make changes. Rudy is pretty much unplayable in the playoffs and Conley cannot stay healthy. Ingles gets fried defensively. We're pretty much the anti-modern NBA roster, no length, no defensive switchability, and our entire defensive scheme is built around a player who can basically be eliminated in the playoffs by Reggie Jackson and Terrance Mann. 

The Suns are basically our team but just way better. CP3 is the point gawd and plays defense, Booker = Mitchell, you have two floor spacers who can switch at the 3/4, and a good defensive big that can actually guard on switches plus can punish smaller players offensively.