NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah.... you bruh. #TakeNoteOfTheRacism

Better yet... move the franchise to Seattle.

Yeah the Jazz are pretty arse. I'm a Don fan now, no longer a Jazz fan. If we trade him I'll support where ever he ends up as well as my Duke boys. But I really cannot continue to support this franchise. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah the Jazz are pretty arse. I'm a Don fan now, no longer a Jazz fan. If we trade him I'll support where ever he ends up as well as my Duke boys. But I really cannot continue to support this franchise. 

I respect it, but I can't imagine Utah letting go of him and he's under contract for like another 4 or 5 years I think.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I respect it, but I can't imagine Utah letting go of him and he's under contract for like another 4 or 5 years I think.

He should do the smart thing and demand his way out. Loyalty in the NBA gets you nowhere. He's headed towards the Damian Lillard career trajectory if he stays in Utah. That Rudy contract was one of the worst decisions in the history of professional sports. We should trade him to NY, let him go home to @Thelonebillsfan and then recruit Zion and Luka. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Oh god. Hopefully the Bucks then. 

Nah but I really don't care for basketball anymore. I'll support Don, won't ever be emotionally invested in the Jazz ever again though. At least I have Coach K for 1 more year and the Raiders...

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Whichever team wins the title, ideally Suns or Bucks, will earn my fandom. 

The Bucks aren’t beating the Nets tonight in Brooklyn. They haven’t done it all season long so I won’t believe it until I see it. 

If the Nets do win tonight they will win because they will continue to get healthy. Harden will continue to get more healthy and Kyrie is reported to eventually come back if the Nets advance. This is the adversity the Nets need that is to overcome the Bucks with all these injuries. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He should do the smart thing and demand his way out. Loyalty in the NBA gets you nowhere.

I respect loyalty, but its definitely can be overrated, especially if your team is a mess and isn't doing what it takes to surround you with good pieces, but that isn't really the case with Utah like say a LeBron in his first 7 years with Cleveland.

Players are realizing they hold the power now. Look at Luka and Zion right now.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's headed towards the Damian Lillard career trajectory if he stays in Utah.

The thing is I feel like he is similar to Lillard in that he wants to build a legacy with the team that drafted him.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That Rudy contract was one of the worst decisions in the history of professional sports. We should trade him to NY, let him go home to @Thelonebillsfan and then recruit Zion and Luka. 

That's probably where Conley is going in FA too.

I respect loyalty, but its definitely can be overrated, especially if your team is a mess and isn't doing what it takes to surround you with good pieces, but that isn't really the case with Utah like say a LeBron in his first 7 years with Cleveland.

Players are realizing they hold the power now. Look at Luka and Zion right now.

The thing is I feel like he is similar to Lillard in that he wants to build a legacy with the team that drafted him.

That's probably where Conley is going in FA too.

Donovan has said all of the right things, so did LeBron. Losing gets old, especially since we're a small market team that will not be able to sign any major free agents. This is why there is absolutely zero parity in the league and never will be and why the NBA Finals does worse ratings then the NFL draft. 

And let Conley go to New York and lose with Randle and Barrett. Dude cannot stay healthy and gets fried on defense. 

• Like 1

Is this cause you don't want him as a part of your fanbase or that you don't want to see him go from one form of suffering to another?

He can suffer all he wants lol. You already know the answer!

• Like 1