NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

If you've been a Thunder fan since they relocated like me you've learned that the best player is whoever Sam Presti takes. Only glaring exception was Giannis over Adams but Giannis took 2 years to get good and we needed a ready made Kendrick Perkins replacement to keep contending as a sales pitch to KD.

Oklahoma City has by far the biggest analytics department in the league. We staff way more analytics people than anyone else and put way more resources into it. The 7'3 8'0 wingspan Pterodactly freak we drafted last year Poku was one of the best prospects of all time according to very specific advanaced data. Presti traded like Ricky Rubio and an extra 1st round pick just to move up a few spots and secure him.

This is the advantage of having all of these draft picks. It's like an exponential benefit on this team. We have way better data than all of the other teams and also way more picks than them in order to make deals happen to get the guys we want, whenever we want.

We're going to run the league very soon (4 years) and you're going to remember I said so.

If Presti is so great why haven't you guys won anything? You had 3 future MVP's on the same roster and couldn't win a title and only got to the finals once. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Presti is so great why haven't you guys won anything? You had 3 future MVP's on the same roster and couldn't win a title and only got to the finals once. 

Circumstantial. We were a sure bet to win the year Patrick Beverley took out Russell Westbrooks meniscus during the timeout. Until the 73-9 Warriors choke we were the only team in NBA history with a season point differential that high to not win a championship.

Edited by Kirill

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Circumstantial. We were a sure bet to win the year Patrick Beverley took out Russell Westbrooks meniscus during the timeout. We're still the only team in NBA history with a season point differential that high to not win a championship.

Analytics department should've factored that in.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Analytics department should've factored that in.

Yea that team was nasty. It was peak Ibaka he even had post moves and our SG minutes were split between Kevin Martin who was shooting 45% from 3 and Thabo Sefolosha who is an ALL-NBA defender and was shootign 40% from 3 that year. Westbrook was in his absolute prime. Then, Patrick Beverley. The best part of the story is that even after tearing his meniscus Westbrook came out that second half and dominated Beverley. Just had to be shut down after that.

Trevor Lane -   Question now becomes can the Clippers play Ayton off the floor the way they did Gobert? Or can Ayton do enough on the offensive end to punish LAC for guarding him with a small? And can the Suns make the adjustments the Jazz didn’t/wouldn’t?

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Trevor Lane -   Question now becomes can the Clippers play Ayton off the floor the way they did Gobert? Or can Ayton do enough on the offensive end to punish LAC for guarding him with a small? And can the Suns make the adjustments the Jazz didn’t/wouldn’t?

CP3 is the best coach Ayton has had.  If he’s not around the team let alone playing Ayton could get bamboozled out there.  The Lakers/Nuggets played pretty traditional offense most of the time. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd give my left kidney to see the Suns destroy these dudes next round, please. @DirtyDez @11sanchez11

Make the thread and put the poll as public. 

E4OES4pVIAQgiJj?format=jpg&name=large

Game 1 is tomorrow.... kinda crazy Clippers only getting 1 day of rest when the ECF doesn't start till Wednesday anyways. I know you're probably loving that though lol.

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Make the thread and put the poll as public. 

E4OES4pVIAQgiJj?format=jpg&name=large

Game 1 is tomorrow.... kinda crazy Clippers only getting 1 day of rest when the ECF doesn't start till Wednesday anyways. I know you're probably loving that though lol.

I'm done posting about basketball

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He ain't going nowhere unless Donovan wants him out and they take his side like the Lakers took Kobe's.

Donovan needs to pull a me or him move now or he's going to be like Damian Lillard. Legendary playoff performances and being sent to Cancun round 1/2. Good riddance to loser water boy Mike Conley as well.