NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Gotcha. Can't blame you for the Raiders, but your uncle did you kinda dirty. Did he just latch onto the Jazz  or is he from there? I feel like Utah is kind of an odd pick to just randomly follow. They were one of the best in the 90s, but still weird.

He liked Stockton and Malone. I am a Lakers fan now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, you're a Packers, Lakers, Yankees fan. Think you can deal.

Yes......but I wont relinquish any of our Championships to ease your pain. Sorry :)

I'm rooting for ya. You and the Suns 👍

Edited by Leader

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

C'mon bruh. 😂

My dad has a way better chance of seeing his Browns win a SB than his Badgers ever holding up a natty.... unless Mertz is the answer or you learn to recruit QBs.

With the expansion and NIL stuff happening, I hope we go back to how football was in the mid-2000s. It was so much more fun then. I mean, the 2007 season was legendary.

Don't think I'll ever see it happen so it is what it is but college football is worse than the NBA with it's lack of parity. Just boring **** knowing who is going to get the bids every year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Damn. At least he didn't pick the Cowboys. Almost completed the unholy trinity.

I didnt pick any teams actually. When I consider how it happened, I believe I became a fan of individual players - before I actually had an understanding of the sport, league etc - and those players tied me to the teams - and I've been with them since the start. 

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

With the expansion and NIL stuff happening, I hope we go back to how football was in the mid-2000s. It was so much more fun then. I mean, the 2007 season was legendary.

Don't think I'll ever see it happen so it is what it is but college football is worse than the NBA with it's lack of parity. Just boring **** knowing who is going to get the bids every year.

College football is tough now. I'm a USC fan (not super diehard since I didn't go there), but we get our butts kicked cause we don't put in the kind of $$$ into the like most SEC schools or top BIG/ACC programs do. Having Helton as our HC still doesn't help either.

But, yeah hopefully the expanded playoff would allow for some wildcards/upsets. I'm tired of always seeing the same teams. It's no better than the NBA. Probably worse. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I didnt pick any teams actually.
When I consider how it happened, I believe I became a fan of individual players - before I actually had an understanding of the sport, league etc - and those players tied me to the teams - and I've been with them since the start. 

Gotcha. I'm just poking fun, but yeah, everyone has their own story of how they became a fan. Eagles are my only team I'm a fan of that aren't from my area and that's cause my dad was a Browns fan who didn't watch games that much when I was a kid (can't really blame him). He got back into football as I got into it, but I just picked the Eagles cause I fell in love with watching Dawkins play and hearing him talk. Some players are just magnetic. I don't blame anybody that is from outside of California for becoming a Laker fan cause of Kobe. He was the definition of that type of player.