NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

13 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I see what you are saying. Yes the Nets not winning this season gives other teams opportunities and I’m personally rooting for CP3 and the Suns but if not them then the Bucks if they can play better moving forward. The Nets should have a big chip on their shoulder but it comes down to health and can Nash learn from this season and get better as a coach. One thing is Nash have to change things up a bit. Harris was struggling all series long, I thought Nash should’ve had Green in that spot in OT wide open instead of Harris. Not saying Green would’ve made it but Harris wasn’t making that shot all series long. He didn’t make it in Game 3 up 83-82 under a minute and he didn’t make it tied 111-111 in OT in Game 7 under a minute. So yes KD, Harden, and Kyrie can cover up a lot of flaws but I want to see Nash grow as a coach or else the Nets aren’t running the East. They can win but not truly dominated if Nash doesn’t grow as a coach imo. 

Harden is only under contract for one more season (plus an option). They might only run the East for one year lol. If Harden leaves then KD/Kyrie is still really good and still a contender, but not exactly as easy as running the whole conference.  What would be worst for the Nets is if they deal with injuries again next year (not exactly farfetched, they have injury prone players) and then Harden leaves and they don't even get a title out of that stacked big 3. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers are going to trade for Westbrook...

Keep telling yourself that.  The Lakers would have to send out under $35.3M in order to match salaries.  The Lakers could send KCP ($13M), Kyle Kuzma ($13M), and Montrezl Harrell ($9.7M) to Washington and they'd be barely be able to squeeze Westbrook in, and that's with Harrell opting in.  If Harrell opts out, they physically can't match salaries.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Keep telling yourself that.  The Lakers would have to send out under $35.3M in order to match salaries.  The Lakers could send KCP ($13M), Kyle Kuzma ($13M), and Montrezl Harrell ($9.7M) to Washington and they'd be barely be able to squeeze Westbrook in, and that's with Harrell opting in.  If Harrell opts out, they physically can't match salaries.

LeBron/AD just followed him on IG, Kuzma removed all Lakers info from his social media..

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Okay. Those 3 for Westbrook, then #22 for #15, Bonga, and Hutchinson.

It has more to do with timing than any actual rule.  Teams aren't allowed to discuss S&T until after the July moratorium, and the NBA Draft happens in June.