Packer Prospect Interest Thread

Arthur Penske

I actually see the CB position going much like the WR position did last year for the Packers. The guys we want in Round 1 will probably all be gone by Pick 22-24. The second round guys we want will likely all be gone within the first 15 picks of the 2nd round. Packers likely will have to make a move either in Round 1 or 2 to get the guy they want. Good thing Gute likes to trade picks on draft day. 

Just now, SSG said:

He probably just ran himself out of our reach in the first.

Newsome always struck me as the Brandon Aiyuk of the CB field. Someone is going to take him around 22-25, a little higher than his projection. Packers will have to move up if they want him. 

Impressive 40 time.  If he is a mover up the board, that means someone falls.

What that 40 tells me, along with the 2 minutes of highlight film I watched is that he is firmly out of the reach of our second round pick.  

I thought he was great value if found outside of the first round.  Not sure that I know, or have watched enough of everyone else to understand if and where he fits in the first round.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Rhetorically speaking, so if CB's go picks 16-26 or something of the sort, what's to say that a better prospect elsewhere *cough OT cough* doesn't fall as a result?

I fully expect an OT/CB or CB/OT the first 2 Rounds. Then again, I fully expected a DL or OT the last 2 years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

He'll be long gone by 29 IMO

That's okay. Samuel is my guy anyways. He's this year's Winfield and teams will make the same mistake and pass on him because he's "undersized" or whatever lame excuse people come up with. Most seem to have have ranked as a 2nd rounder but he'll never last to the end of the second. I'd be fine with him at 29 or, even better, nab with a slight trade down into the early 2nd.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

That's okay. Samuel is my guy anyways. He's this year's Winfield and teams will make the same mistake and pass on him because he's "undersized" or whatever lame excuse people come up with. Most seem to have have ranked as a 2nd rounder but he'll never last to the end of the second. I'd be fine with him at 29 or, even better, nab with a slight trade down into the early 2nd.  

1 hour ago, SSG said:

I agree.  Only hope is that maybe he falls because of his injury history or because of how deep this CB class is.  

I've honestly been paying very little attention to the draft this year.

Been there / done that with trying to gauge who we're gonna draft........and its a crap shoot that more often than not comes up empty.
Just taking it as it comes this year and will see whats up after its up.

I have some position preferences.....but no real sense (or researched knowledge) of the talent lineup for those positions. We shall see.