Packer Prospect Interest Thread

Arthur Penske

43 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because this year is very likely Tonyan's last year in GB, and rookie TEs are worthless.

GB has been looking for a TE worth a crap for the last 10 years; wouldn't be so sure.  Salary cap should be better next year and $$$ for Tonyan should be there for any reasonable deal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Tonyan, UDFA.  Sternberger, 3rd round pick.  Deguara, 3rd round pick.  

I dig Tonyan.  Hope he's around long term.  But if not?  We have 2 third round picks behind him.  

I’m kind of in this ballpark too. I really like Tonyan but he’s not special. He’s good, just not a special talent. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I have no idea what round he's going in but I really want Javonte Williams to be a Packer. I'll take him + Dillon. 

I have a hard time seeing him making to our pick in the second round.  

There are a few RB's, him included, that I would take starting in the second round.  But it really hurts the rest of the draft.

I'm most comfortable taking a RB in the 4'th round or later in this draft.  Seems like a lot of value there.

Use those more premium picks for OT, CB.

And I know he's been up and down, but Moses at ILB intrigues me in the 3rd round.

10 hours ago, Joe said:

Why draft Javonte Williams when you can basically get the same player in Trey Sermon two rounds later? Hell, I'd pick Sermon in the 3rd if we go RB.

Other then the positions they play, I'm not sure I see anything similar about Sermon and Williams....

• Like 3

On 2/23/2021 at 2:44 PM, hsmc25 said:

Showing interest in Miami’s TE Brevin Jordan. According to the Packers Wire web site..

Makes sense... this offense wants TEs and they take time..... Tonyan is a 50-50 resign next year (I wouldn't give him Hooper money). Sterny is probably a bust. Degura is an H Back.

We're so use to not having quality TEs on this roster. Most teams drop a 2-5 on a TE one every 2-3 years. Since 1982, we've drafted 1 TE in the first 2 rounds...

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Makes sense... this offense wants TEs and they take time..... Tonyan is a 50-50 resign next year (I wouldn't give him Hooper money). Sterny is probably a bust. Degura is an H Back.

We're so use to not having quality TEs on this roster. Most teams drop a 2-5 on a TE one every 2-3 years. Since 1982, we've drafted 1 TE in the first 2 rounds...

Mr. Bubba Franks!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Other then the positions they play, I'm not sure I see anything similar about Sermon and Williams....

They're about the same size, they're both one-cut runners, both have benefitted from a myriad of weapons around them(which is the TDN knock on Williams in particular), both have increased production each year of college ball...

Do you just not like Sermon or do you REALLY like Williams? Also, Sermon's been the more consistent and productive back.

• Like 1