What are you thinking about?

pwny

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Mine were - central lines feeding into the neighborhood froze up. Everyone in the area is without water.

Hoping you have bottled water and the family is doing well with all of this. It can’t be easy.

A friend of ours who lives in Houston got their power back and it’s been on long enough for things to get back to normal, so here’s hoping everyone else here gets it back soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Hoping you have bottled water and the family is doing well with all of this. It can’t be easy.

Yes, got plenty of bottled water - still sucks, but oh well. Can't do much with massive incompetency within Centerpoint/ERCOT.

I get it freezes of this nature don't happen often, but dude - get your stuff together, Centerpoint/ERCOT. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yes, got plenty of bottled water - still sucks, but oh well. Can't do much with massive incompetency within Centerpoint/ERCOT.

I get it freezes of this nature don't happen often, but dude - get your stuff together, Centerpoint/ERCOT. 

I have a feeling this isn't going to be the last storm like this with climate change. They want to complain about what it would cost to winterize everything, but they seem to have enough funding to give their CEOs over $6MM. Think that's a place to start on cost cutting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This was a pic of Downtown Houston last night that’s crazy.

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

This was a pic of Downtown Houston last night that’s crazy.

Oh yeah, that's got a great part of the area livid. I'm talking "Deshaun Watson traded to Dallas for a 6th round pick..." livid.

I live in Sugar Land (a suburb on the outskirts of Houston) so I'm on a different piece of the grid - but this totally draws the picture of how tone deaf the people at Centerpoint/ERCOT are.

There's a lot of chatter of a formal investigation following this nonsense. We basically have one of the largest natural gas reserves in the world, and windmills aren't designed to freeze like what is being claimed (Colorado deals with weather like this yearly, none of their windmills go down).

Somebody dropped the ball, and I know I'm not alone in saying I want that person punished - hard.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I live in Sugar Land (a suburb on the outskirts of Houston) so I'm on a different piece of the grid - but this totally draws the picture of how tone deaf the people at Centerpoint/ERCOT are.

And - on top of this - price gouging!

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/texas-ercot-power-outage-energy-demand-price-change/269-53ab63e2-8dcf-4485-8b9b-be6ad75316b4

I'm not a violent person by any means, but I'm prepared to... evolve from that stance, under these circumstances. I shouldn't... but my family is freezing in our own home. 

This. Is. Unacceptable.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Also, since @Sugashaneasked in the old thread and I couldn't quote him to reply: Yes, oddly enough I have the exact same Doctorate that Shaq got.  And I had to look it up, but I was actually impressed that Shaq submitted a dissertation.

I LOVE when I randomly am correct!

Also congratulations on that! I'm about to finish my MBA with a specialty in Healthcare Administration. Idk if I'll ever look at a PhD, so props to anyone who has been through that grind.