What are you thinking about?

pwny

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This is a joy I've recently discovered as well. 

It's hard to explain to people because I don't have a particular hobby or interest tied to any of the magazines, and it's not a nostalgia thing because my 'Springtime of Youth' took place in the 2010s. I just love looking at magazines from the 80s-Early 2000s. Men's, Gaming, Lifestyle, Fashion, Card, Tech, etc. 

This reminds me of when I used to sort through “Beckett Books” to see how much my baseball cards were worth.

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Approach was good as was difficulty but driver had a sloppy entry into the water. 

back-to-school-bad.gif

I graded it a bit higher. Due to never seeing a a minivan bounce off anything before. The followup corkscrew entry was flat. But they stuck the landing. (unconscious rightside up had to be difficult to stick) 

KZZroY.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I graded it a bit higher. Due to never seeing a a minivan bounce off anything before. The followup corkscrew entry was flat. But they stuck the landing. (unconscious rightside up had to be difficult to stick) 

KZZroY.gif

I'm from central IL so that is nothing new to me. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:17 AM, minutemancl said:

Is it normal for an oral surgeon to not knock you all the way out for impacted wisdom teeth removal surgery? Anesthetic and laughing gas is all I'm going to get apparently. If anyone has got any experience with that and can tell me their recovery time too, that'd be helpful. My surgery is 12 days before an event I'd really like to go to that involves eating and drinking, but I haven't bought tickets yet since I have no idea what kind of shape I'll be in.

I didn't get ****.

I got local anesthetic and that was it.  I remember laughing because it seemed hilarious the burning smell while they drilled the heck out of my wisdom teeth because they were impacted.  Just grinding them into smaller bits so they could get them out.

On 10/27/2023 at 9:06 PM, beekay414 said:

Letting my hair grow out for the first time in my adult life. I typically shave it all off but I've gone about 3 months without a hair cut at this point. Let's just say, thank god for hats. My nickname is Chia ffs lol.

Growing hair is such a tough business.  It looks okay up until a point.  And then for like 6 months it looks like ****.  And then it looks extremely good.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:57 AM, Ozzy said:

Common?  Well maybe for certain people that go off-roading or hunting or something deep in the woods.  My brother does not do it, my parents never did it, my grandparents never did it.  I did hear of putting chains on tractors before and even cars back in the day but never literally having a totally different set of four tires sitting in the garage just for winter use.

Guess I was never that special or my family was never that rich.  ;o)

Maybe if you live out in the middle of nowhere it would be a much bigger deal but when roads get plowed within a few hours of a snowfall I am not that worried about it.

Rarely refuse help?  Maybe I am thinking of major interstate highways, there is a big one from Minnesota to South Dakota and I totally recall last year them closing the road and putting down the gates.  And if one crosses those gates they will not exactly run out and get you right away till it clears, so you would be stuck.  Those are more open areas with almost zero visibility and blowing/drifting snow.  

As for the chainsaw, I enjoy cutting up wood, and sure holding a chainsaw above ones head is not great but at least I was not off the ground.  Using a picker bucket would be the safe way no question as long as one could get to it all but not sure that would have worked in this area.  Too many twisting trees all together and laying on each other, but one by one they came down for the most part.  Real key is get it where the saw will not pinch, once that is the case one can just cut like usually and the log just drops.  Had a cant hook I made the handle for which helped along with an old adze. 

Undercutting with a chainsaw is big, even with little branches.  For sure with big logs laterally laying across, then when cutting through from the top after the blade will not pinch and the log should just fall.  

I don't think i grew up "rich and fancy".  lol.   Winter tires are just a thing that people do.

It's a lot cheaper to get great winter tires, than it is to slide into someone else and have to deal with insurance because you booped another car.

Anyway.  I found a window.  It was sketchy as heck for a couple hundred miles some of the roads were..very iffy.  But i made it.  So things are good.

• Like 1