What are you thinking about?

pwny

57 minutes ago, D82 said:

My sister is such a **** up...pains me to see my niece and nephew suffer because of her poor decisions

That sucks man. My brother's ex-wife was the same. She made life hell for all of them and even after they have been divorced for 15+ years there are still some seriously obvious issues the kids (now in their 20s) have that stem from her. That being said they also saw how hard he worked to provide and his new wife is a fantastic person, so they are happy to have some sort of motherly affection even if it is really late.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, adamq said:

I appreciate the way you manage your homes.. Landlords get an awful reputation.. often deserved, but there's a reason people have trouble finding good ones- Those tenants usually know and appreciate how nice it is to have someone that gives a damn & don't leave

I’ve also heard plenty of tenant horror stories as well.  Cuts both ways.  

My stepfather kept his house when he married my mom for his workshop- kept all his carpentry and welding stuff there- but he has rented out his downstairs to someone for 15 years.  It’s nice to have that kind of security from both parties.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’ve also heard plenty of tenant horror stories as well.  Cuts both ways.  

One of my buddies I taught with got a call one day when we were coteaching that his tenants were arrested for cooking meth; he left to find over $28K in damages (thankfully insurance covered it) and the entire place crawling with bugs. He fixed it up and sold it after 3-4 months just to unload it because of what they did. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2024 at 10:24 AM, D82 said:

All of this makes me so "excited" to start the homebuying process next year 😂

I was in a bit of a unicorn position……I’d definitely recommend not putting your house on the market right after Labor Day, and during a presidential election year.  

We’re happy to be staying where we are……we are maybe 100 yards to the Chesapeake Bay, and can see the bay at times from our front porch, three upstairs rooms and our back deck.  We were just looking a little further into the future.  

On 10/3/2024 at 12:35 PM, MKnight82 said:

Why would you do this? 

Because I never refinanced during everything, so it’s maybe 1.5% higher for me.  

Also, the cash-out refinance is paying off my car and the rest of my consumer debt, which I’ve been spending the past 1.5 years tackling.  It was a lot, and I just kept pushing the can down the road for the longest time.  We’re also paying off my wife’s student loans and her car with this, and we’re approaching this as ‘what do we want to do to make our stay in this house the best?’  it’s in a great location, still has a lot of space compared to most homes on the market, so that’s how we are proceeding.  

Also, my car payment along with our consumer debt minimums essentially cover the mortgage payment once you add it to my current payment.  The student loans, her car payment and the other money in our budget that we were throwing at paying down debt is going to give us a little more margin, including dumping money into a brokerage account to grow for our retirement……which is already substantial.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That sucks man. My brother's ex-wife was the same. She made life hell for all of them and even after they have been divorced for 15+ years there are still some seriously obvious issues the kids (now in their 20s) have that stem from her. That being said they also saw how hard he worked to provide and his new wife is a fantastic person, so they are happy to have some sort of motherly affection even if it is really late.

She's just made poor decisions on who's she's decided to have children with (twice)...and is basically repeating the same mistakes our mom made when we were kids. And it bugs me because she is SO smart...like was well on her way to becoming a CRNP and what not before she met her current husband and she's just...settling. And I hate it for her and for her kids. 

• Like 1

My parents recently celebrated their 50th anniversary.  My aunt and uncle(he and my dad are brothers) also had their 50th earlier this year.  My sister and I were talking about splitting the bill, but when it came, my dad paid for our meals.  He said he invited everyone that's why he paid.  I even offered to chip in some and he rejected it. 

9 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

My parents recently celebrated their 50th anniversary.  My aunt and uncle(he and my dad are brothers) also had their 50th earlier this year.  My sister and I were talking about splitting the bill, but when it came, my dad paid for our meals.  He said he invited everyone that's why he paid.  I even offered to chip in some and he rejected it. 

I’d take them out again and cover the bill.  My mom is like that a lot.  Or just find something you can do for them as a favor or whatever.  

I’m in my first relationship now post transplant, which is awesome but strange because about 15 months ago I was absolutely certain that my life was going to end and now I’m living in the future I wasn’t expecting to have. 

I am a bartender, she did graphic design at my work for about a year. She said she would come over to the bar to ask for help with drinks to make to post for the distillery’s social media and that she would try to create additional reasons to come to the bar just to talk to me, a few times offering for me to park at her house if I wanted to go to a notre dame game (she lives a few blocks away) and offering her number a few times. I assumed it was platonic, didn’t do anything. So we went golfing a few weeks ago as she said she was leaving the job to go somewhere else and golfing was essentially when it all started then. I tested the golf gods by telling her if i sank a 35 foot putt (on our second golf date) she’d have to kiss me and I did it lol. 

She’s a genuine nice person, which I have never encountered before. She’s a good mom to her kids and is fun to be around. Very pretty and I’m still like why me. 

• Like 6

One girl at my daughter’s birthday party yesterday got my daughter Reese’s and then my daughter later found the girl in her room eating all of them. I’m still cracking up about it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’d take them out again and cover the bill.  My mom is like that a lot.  Or just find something you can do for them as a favor or whatever.  

I order them a personalized canvas.  They loved it. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I order them a personalized canvas.  They loved it. 

Perfect. With parents that refuse to let you cover the restaurant bill, it's better to just concede that battle and get them back in other ways.

• Like 1