What player/HC is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

11 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Where?

Belichick is under a lot of pressure to succeed. The wondering and muttering about the size of Brady's contribution to the dynasty has only magnified many times now that Brady marched down to Tampa and won a ring at the first time of asking. There's no way he hasn't heard that. In no way do I think Belichick did a bad job this past season (with that roster, 7 wins wasn't bad at all) but I think the Boston media won't treat him kindly if he can't build a winner without Brady, and fast. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Belichick is under a lot of pressure to succeed. The wondering and muttering about the size of Brady's contribution to the dynasty has only magnified many times now that Brady marched down to Tampa and won a ring at the first time of asking. There's no way he hasn't heard that. In no way do I think Belichick did a bad job this past season (with that roster, 7 wins wasn't bad at all) but I think the Boston media won't treat him kindly if he can't build a winner without Brady, and fast. 

So nobody said the media would put him on the hot seat. Thanks for clearing that up.

The Boston media has had it out for Belichick since he started there. If it becomes clear (to sportswriters) that he owes his legacy to Tom Brady, they won't shy away from pointing it out. Hell, they already are. The longer he goes without success when Brady isn't on his roster, the more his legacy will be questioned. He knows that. As such, he's under pressure to succeed without Brady. He's NOT on the hot seat - which is a different thing entirely.

Do you understand now? 

Are we talking about media pressure or pressure that is based in reality?

If it is the former then yeah, Belichick is under pressure.  If it is the latter?  Not even close.  Belichick is a HOFer and honestly yeah the Patriots may have had a losing season last year but they were still better than they should have been.  They did an amazing job adjusting to all the opt-outs and having an offense that did not have the personnel, from QB to WRs, to throw the ball.  I really don't get how people could watch the Patriots last year and think somehow Belichick wasn't still just as good of a coach as he had been in years past.

The only pressure on Belichick is if he really gives a crap about whether people give him or Brady credit.  

Now Belichick the roster builder?  Yeah I think there should be some concern there.  But looking at New England's roster last year, they finished about where they should have.  And who knows what happens if Cam never misses those games

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

Just now, iknowcool said:

Belichick is a HOFer and honestly yeah the Patriots may have had a losing season last year but they were still better than they should have been.  They did an amazing job adjusting to all the opt-outs and having an offense that did not have the personnel, from QB to WRs, to throw the ball.  I really don't get how people could watch the Patriots last year and think somehow Belichick wasn't still just as good of a coach as he had been in years past.

Agreed. 

31 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Are we talking about media pressure or pressure that is based in reality?

If it is the former then yeah, Belichick is under pressure.  If it is the latter?  Not even close.  Belichick is a HOFer and honestly yeah the Patriots may have had a losing season last year but they were still better than they should have been.  They did an amazing job adjusting to all the opt-outs and having an offense that did not have the personnel, from QB to WRs, to throw the ball.  I really don't get how people could watch the Patriots last year and think somehow Belichick wasn't still just as good of a coach as he had been in years past.

The only pressure on Belichick is if he really gives a crap about whether people give him or Brady credit.  

Now Belichick the roster builder?  Yeah I think there should be some concern there.  But looking at New England's roster last year, they finished about where they should have.  And who knows what happens if Cam never misses those games

I agree with this. I don't think the pressure on him is necessarily justified, I think his resume speaks for itself, but the media will definitely have a field day if he doesn't, say, win a playoff game post-Brady. 

On 2/16/2021 at 8:32 AM, Blackstar12 said:

Player: Rodgers he probably doesn’t have that many chances left to get another ring. Had HCA again this year and blew it again.

HC: Kliff Kingsbury- That roster was good enough for a wildcard and his team lost out to the Bears. To me he seems like an average coach yet people like to hype him up.

Roster was good enough? Yeah, it's pretty sh.ite.

It's like people don't know anything about the Cardinals.

Steady improvement since one of the worst franchise teams in history of 2018, turn around with a 1 year college starter and ROOKIE (not in NFL at ANY coaching capacity) coach.

Yeah, definitely some bumps in the road and frustration.  But if our kicker was league average, we'd have 10-11 wins.  People really undervalue kickers.   Not his fault we kept an awful kicker, what are we going to do, never go for a FG?  Not his fault we dropped easy TD passes on 4th and couldn't get 1 yard runs on the goaline. 

We have plenty of holes and Chandler Jones out almost the entire season really hurt things (let alone Kyler hurt for half the season, our offense was bleh during that time)

KK needs improvement for sure and the Patriots game was just about the worst game for us in general...but if he was expected to be a SB winning coach his second year, why the hell would you even hire him?

You know who fails?  Our GM.  Biggest failure ever.  He stays around cause he's buddy buddy with owner and he manages to pull a few ridic stuff here and there to keep him around (Palmer, Nuk), but really, it's so much failure and this year was a pretty good example of it with the roster he left us with.

Didn't matter anyway.  Once Kyler got super hurt in Week 17, we wouldn't have done anything in the playoffs.  Didn't matter what record we had.

Edited by Zalixar

20 hours ago, PFM18 said:

I think if the Raiders have another tough season, Mayock would be the one to go with Gruden getting the opportunity to work with another GM before Mark Davis would decide it ain't working with Gruden. 

Every other reason or excuse would be used before deciding its the guy with the most money committed to him's fault. 

I could see Gruden "retiring" after another season missing the playoffs. 4 years, no playoffs... can his ego take that?