What player/HC is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do share? A lot of our fans seem to think he's useless as a GM

Personally, I think he struggles as a talent evaluator for most offensive positions but I would say his moves have helped the NE cap situation which is important in a year that the cap, at best, will not move and at worst go down.   So for cap management and gaining draft capital he is good.  But it goes to my point that what he does as a GM goes against what he could do as a coach.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Head coach is LaFleur. Things didn’t end well for him. He took ARod off the field and settled for a field goal when they were down by 8pts knowing that the chances of them getting the ball back was slim because all Brady had to do was get one 1st down to ice the game. So LaFleur basically said he didn’t trust ARod to get the ball in the endzone. That prompted ARod to feel some type of way and LaFleur is going to have to get things back on the right track with ARod. Not only that but show he can get the job done in big games because so far (0-2) in the NFCCG and both times not looking so good. 

Lol, the dude who has coached his team to two consecutive NFC Championships, and two consecutive 13-3 seasons, coming off a season where he coached the league's best offense and the league MVP... yeah that dude doesn't have the most pressure on him. The team could go 3-13 next year and he'd probably still have a job. You're acting like 0-2 in NFCCGs is this awful thing, when you've got other coaches who can't even get that far.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

If Gruden doesn’t make playoffs I think most of the fanbase will turn on him. Still would have 6 years I think on his contract though, so he isn’t going anywhere. 

I think if the Raiders have another tough season, Mayock would be the one to go with Gruden getting the opportunity to work with another GM before Mark Davis would decide it ain't working with Gruden. 

Every other reason or excuse would be used before deciding its the guy with the most money committed to him's fault. 

1 hour ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Lol, the dude who has coached his team to two consecutive NFC Championships, and two consecutive 13-3 seasons, coming off a season where he coached the league's best offense and the league MVP... yeah that dude doesn't have the most pressure on him. The team could go 3-13 next year and he'd probably still have a job. You're acting like 0-2 in NFCCGs is this awful thing, when you've got other coaches who can't even get that far.

We all know it’s not what you do in the regular season but what you do in the postseason. When you have ARod its about championships and not just getting to the NFCCG and losing in bad fashion. They got beat down twice against the Niners two seasons ago and the same happened against the Bucs this season. It wouldn’t have been close if Brady didn’t turn the ball over 3 times in the 2nd half. But what was worse was LaFleur not trusting ARod late in the game on 4th down at the goaline. We’ve seen the late great Marty get fired after a (14-2) season. Reid was highly successful in Philly and eventually was let go. In both cases it had nothing to do with the success in the regular season but the failures in the playoffs. 

Why would Belichick be on the hot seat?  One losing season in what, 20 years?  He has guided the greatest dynasty in NFL history.  Expecting the same results while losing the GOAT QB and turning over the roster is difficult to overcme, no matter how great the coach is.  If he leaves, then what?  

If the media wants to "turn up the heat" after that nearly 20 year run, they should find their entitled arses in the unemployment line.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Why would Belichick be on the hot seat?  One losing season in what, 20 years?  He has guided the greatest dynasty in NFL history.  Expecting the same results while losing the GOAT QB and turning over the roster is difficult to overcme, no matter how great the coach is.  If he leaves, then what?  

If the media wants to "turn up the heat" after that nearly 20 year run, they should find their entitled arses in the unemployment line.

He isn't on the hot seat, but he is under pressure to succeed. 

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

No-one said he's on the hot seat.

56 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

He isn't on the hot seat, but he is under pressure to succeed. 

That's everyone in the league though. I know the title of the thread uses the term "pressure" but if we're talking about most pressure I think people would basically equate that with "the hot seat," in one manner of speaking or another.

1 minute ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

That's everyone in the league though. I know the title of the thread uses the term "pressure" but if we're talking about most pressure I think people would basically equate that with "the hot seat," in one manner of speaking or another.

I mean BB's situation is fairly unique though in that he almost certainly has a lifetime contract with the Pats as HC/GM so his seat isn't going to get hot. His pressure stems from legacy implications, since he has a limited resume without Brady and is getting way up there in age and probably doesn't have much longer to build a contender at least as HC in NE.