Titanic Meh! WK 7 GDT

Fatgerman

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

That is the way I would think too if I didn't believe he was actively sabotaging the rebuilding process to make himself seem like a victim of a dearth of talent.

Hard to complain about a lack of talent when your two biggest playmakers don't even see the field, let alone have plays designed to get them touches.

Maybe he's saving them for the playoff run.

I look forward to your regression of non-saltiness as the season progresses; it's only week 7.  #buckleuperrone

10 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

That is the way I would think too if I didn't believe he was actively sabotaging the rebuilding process to make himself seem like a victim of a dearth of talent.

Hard to complain about a lack of talent when your two biggest playmakers don't even see the field, let alone have plays designed to get them touches.

Maybe he's saving them for the playoff run.

Yeah I'm not deep into any conspiracy theory yet so I don't even consider that a possibility at this point. Now once he has departed, assuming he doesn't find success here, and he rips on the talent to try to get himself another job then I'm on board with you. At this point I think he is trying to win games, trying to save face and trying to save his job, he just isn't doing any of them well right now. I'm surprised he named Kessler #2 for the week. That is sort of a bad look for him if it isn't injury related. If I were in his shoes I'd say that I have been working with Kessler and name him the starter and tell him to do his thing to gain stability on offense and let our defense win us a few games. We still go after a QB next year and he looks smart for putting a QB in that won't turn the ball over 3+ times per game while taking credit for his limited success.

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I'm not deep into any conspiracy theory yet so I don't even consider that a possibility at this point. Now once he has departed, assuming he doesn't find success here, and he rips on the talent to try to get himself another job then I'm on board with you. At this point I think he is trying to win games, trying to save face and trying to save his job, he just isn't doing any of them well right now. I'm surprised he named Kessler #2 for the week. That is sort of a bad look for him if it isn't injury related. If I were in his shoes I'd say that I have been working with Kessler and name him the starter and tell him to do his thing to gain stability on offense and let our defense win us a few games. We still go after a QB next year and he looks smart for putting a QB in that won't turn the ball over 3+ times per game while taking credit for his limited success.

1. Hogan has a rib injury, and this was stated as the reason for his demotion to 3rd string ("not performance related, they're pretty bruised"). It wasn't bad enough to pull him from the game, but since you're not a conspiracy nut like me, let's just take that at face value.

46 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Why?

Because we're trying to get rid of a 5-year plan in year two.

It's like getting pissed at a college student because they don't have Masters degree when they're only in the 2nd year of undergrad 

We're asking them to compete with other Graduate degree students when we're not that far into the process yet 

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

It's like getting pissed at a college student because they don't have Masters degree when they're only in the 2nd year of undergrad 

We're asking them to compete with other Graduate degree students when we're not that far into the process yet 

Sorry, I do not buy that analogy.

We have better talent at many positions on both sides of the ball this year than we had last year, are worse as a team and trending down.

How can that be or, more correctly, who is responsible for that (Hint: Hue and his staff)?

We can stick with the 5-year plan without sticking with all its pieces, especially when it is becoming painfully apparent that some of the pieces are flawed. 

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Sorry, I do not buy that analogy.

We have better talent at many positions on both sides of the ball this year than we had last year, are worse as a team and trending down.

How can that be or, more correctly, who is responsible for that (Hint: Hue and his staff)?

We can stick with the 5-year plan without sticking with all its pieces, especially when it is becoming painfully apparent that some of the pieces are flawed. 

I buy the analogy but the caveat is that they failed all but one class so far in their second year. Sure, they couldn't possibly have their degree yet but it sure could look more like that it was eventually going to happen than it does.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I buy the analogy but the caveat is that they failed all but one class so far in their second year. Sure, they couldn't possibly have their degree yet but it sure could look more like that it was eventually going to happen than it does.

I would personally wait to judge them until after I’ve seen some of their third offseason. That way they are at least a majority into the plan. 

Being two years into a 5 year plan with a total rebuild I can’t judge them yet. 

Let’s say we draft Saquon Barkley next year and he’s the 2018 Kareem Hunt and we’re winning games. Everybody’s going to praise us. 

I’ll wait to judge 

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I would personally wait to judge them until after I’ve seen some of their third offseason. That way they are at least a majority into the plan. 

Being two years into a 5 year plan with a total rebuild I can’t judge them yet. 

Let’s say we draft Saquon Barkley next year and he’s the 2018 Kareem Hunt and we’re winning games. Everybody’s going to praise us. 

I’ll wait to judge 

Hunt also has a QB with a 120 rating, otherwise things may not still look so nice. Certainly not with a QB with a 40 something rating.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hunt also has a QB with a 120 rating, otherwise things may not still look so nice. Certainly not with a QB with a 40 something rating.

Plus Hunt went in round 5, while Barkley is going top 5 to a team who doesn't need a QB. 

45 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Or even Leonard Fournette with Blake bortles starting 

Ultimately it will mean very little to the team goal as long as Bortles remains the starter.

Their roster is really good. It's why I think they will make a run at whichever Pats QB is available. Probably Jimmy G. 

On 10/19/2017 at 3:32 PM, brownie man said:

Getting rid of the coach isn't getting rid of the plan.

Getting rid of the coach is saying we picked the wrong man to carry out the plan, and can implement the plan more effectively with a better choice.

• (614) 428-better with another choice.

Archived