Please Don’t!

Scoundrel

15 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

As most know the Ravens have historically struggled to land hits at WR in the NFL Draft, and then have similarly failed to develop the guys we bring in. So I want them to stay away from the more dangerous early options and go with the safer WR profiles that are out there.

Guys like Kardarius Toney and Rondale Moore are dice roll players with significant red flags. Toney is a 1 Year producer with a 21.6 BOA. Moore has a phenomenal BOA but his ADOT of 5.8 and injury issues are no bueno.

Other teams with continually strong passing games, gifted offensive minds/coaches, and a tradition of developing a variety of receiving talents would be better off acquiring them.

What is BOA and ADOT?

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Break out age and average depth of target

Ah ok.  Yeah I heard about break out age last year.  Aiyuk was a one year wonder with a later break out age.  I'd say that pick turned out pretty well.  And I think Toney can do a lot of the same things Aiyuk can in an offense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ah ok.  Yeah I heard about break out age last year.  Aiyuk was a one year wonder with a later break out age.  I'd say that pick turned out pretty well.  And I think Toney can do a lot of the same things Aiyuk can in an offense.

Historically, they don't.

Aiyuk was also a JUCO transfer, which muddles the BOA evaluation. Very similar to Hollywood Brown for the Ravens who was a JUCO transfer as well. Both had trash BOAs in part because of that, and because they shared an offense with other pro talents- making it harder to accumulate enough production to qualify. 

Give credit to Kyle Shanahan too. He knows how to use the pieces he has and excels at giving high% opportunities to his guys. Aiyuk and Samuel likely would've had less early success with a different team.

The surreal contact balance Toney flashed in some of the highlight plays from his one productive year at 21 Y/O isn't enough to cancel out his putrid production profile as a player for me. Another team wants to roll the dice, more power to them. The Ravens should avoid him like the plague though. 

I'm hoping for receivers like Rashod Bateman or Elijah Moore to the Ravens. Who have near can't miss profiles behind them, and stellar tape. Baltimore needs slam dunk options, not inebriated accountant taking blindfolded half court shots for a 2013 Camry at a WNBA game options.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Historically, they don't.

Aiyuk was also a JUCO transfer, which muddles the BOA evaluation. Very similar to Hollywood Brown for the Ravens who was a JUCO transfer as well. Both had trash BOAs in part because of that, and because they shared an offense with other pro talents- making it harder to accumulate enough production to qualify. 

Give credit to Kyle Shanahan too. He knows how to use the pieces he has and excels at giving high% opportunities to his guys. Aiyuk and Samuel likely would've had less early success with a different team.

The surreal contact balance Toney flashed in some of the highlight plays from his one productive year at 21 Y/O isn't enough to cancel out his putrid production profile as a player for me. Another team wants to roll the dice, more power to them. The Ravens should avoid him like the plague though. 

I'm hoping for receivers like Rashod Bateman or Elijah Moore to the Ravens. Who have near can't miss profiles behind them, and stellar tape. Baltimore needs slam dunk options, not inebriated accountant taking blindfolded half court shots for a 2013 Camry at a WNBA game options.

This made me laugh

22 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Baltimore needs slam dunk options, not inebriated accountant taking blindfolded half court shots for a 2013 Camry at a WNBA game options.

This is so weirdly specific that I feel like there absolutely has to be a former Ravens receiver who busted and is now an accountant taking blindfolded half court shots at wnba games. Please tell me this was Yamon Figurs

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is so weirdly specific that I feel like there absolutely has to be a former Ravens receiver who busted and is now an accountant taking blindfolded half court shots at wnba games. Please tell me this was Yamon Figurs

Not to my knowledge 😂, haven't heard from or about him in a long time. And when it comes to former Ravens I've found that no news is good news for the most part. There's certainly endless Ravens WR busts out there though, so who knows? Maybe Tandon Doss flashed that Super Bowl 47 ring around and got in good with some accounting firm somewhere?

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Not to my knowledge 😂, haven't heard from or about him in a long time. And when it comes to former Ravens I've found that no news is good news for the most part. There's certainly endless Ravens WR busts out there though, so who knows? Maybe Tandon Doss flashed that Super Bowl 47 ring around and got in good with some accounting firm somewhere?

Man these are names I forgot!

Never draft a receiver from Indiana however. Doss, Hardy, Latimer... will Philyor and Fryfogle be next?

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Man these are names I forgot!

Never draft a receiver from Indiana however. Doss, Hardy, Latimer... will Philyor and Fryfogle be next?

I guess Randle-El was decent. But to be fair he didn’t really play receiver until the NFL.

10 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

... will Philyor and Fryfogle be next?

Well 'Fryfogle' might already have a hard time regardless of ability. Could be difficult for scouts to visualize that name in the top half of the NFL's Rec YDS leaderboard 😅. 'Name Scouting' is just a joke, but former scout and current NFLN lead draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah did say at one time he was asked to assign 'Face Grades' to prospects- so rule nothing out lol.

Although, while Fryfogle might earn some friendly ribbing with the name conjuring up thoughts of LoTRs' Hobbits or something and other fantasy stories fanciful/silly names. It's likely not as bad in present day as the shortened 'Fogle'. Which conjures up thoughts of a certain predatory former sandwich peddler....

• Like 1