Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

3 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Phillips is complete. Just needs to avoid concussions. A risk, sure. But he has 15+ sack potential. Can’t ignore that. 

He also retired from football once already, right? He hasn't even started his pro career and he already has that in his resume. VERY risky. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That time by Phillips is impressive, surprised his hands are that small I would have thought he would have the bigger hands than Rousseau but I guess not.  Not a bad time for Rousseau for such a long dude.  Jordan I would have though might be a bit faster than that but still a solid time.  

He still most likely moved himself into being a 1st round pick with that workout possibly.  Could be a good fit with Baltimore assuming Rousseau, Paye and Phillips go ahead of him.  Parsons had a great workout as well and a great 40 time also, he has far better tape than Oweh does as well.  

But yeah it would be a lot bigger of a deal if it was at the combine.  People freaked out when Isaiah Simmons ran a 4.39 at the combine then you have Parsons doing the same thing and he is not a semi safety like Simmons was.  Oweh would be curious how he looks in coverage, could drop as a 3/4 OLB a lot but not sure he would be that good back there so in that respect his speed is not all that important compared to his power and quickness off the ball.  Speaking of power did he not bench at his pro day?  Parsons had a solid 19 reps at 225.  

Oweh did 21 reps w/34.5" arms

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

He also retired from football once already, right? He hasn't even started his pro career and he already has that in his resume. VERY risky. 

He did, but that doesn’t really scare me off that much. He played his nuts off this year. It’s not like he plays scared. 

2 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

Well there goes Jaelan Phillips being a sleeper. I think both Phillips and Rousseau are top 10 pick caliber. They won’t go that high, but it wouldn’t shock me.

The combine numbers they put up were very impressive and they both have fantastic tape and production. 

I think a lot of people had Phillips as the DE1 in this class in terms of talent. I don't think the talent was ever a real question. He's a former 5 star recruit. The question is reconciling that with the injuries, the previous "retirement", etc. 

1 hour ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Javonte Williams athletic profile compares pretty closely to Miles Sanders

Javonte (5'9, 212) vs Miles (5'10, 211)
4.55 vs 4.49
36" vs 36"
10'3" vs 10'4"
4.09 vs 4.19
6.93 vs 6.89
22 reps vs 20 reps

Think he goes in that same range, ~#50

For some reason I thought Miles ran much faster. 

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

For some reason I thought Miles ran much faster. 

Sanders ran that at the Combine though.     Pro Day usually 0.05 - 0.1 faster than Combine.   Not always but happens so often you have to take Pro Day 40's with a huge grain of salt.

Again though, this isn't a big problem to me.  40 times are so archaic in terms of RB evaluation.

Just now, Broncofan said:

Sanders ran that at the Combine though.     Pro Day usually 0.05 - 0.1 faster than Combine.   Not always but happens so often you have to take Pro Day 40's with a huge grain of salt.

Again though, this isn't a big problem to me.  40 times are so archaic in terms of RB evaluation.

I'm excited for the in game GPS to really start blowing up and that information to become more readily available. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm excited for the in game GPS to really start blowing up and that information to become more readily available. 

Yeah the in-game velocity IMO is such a better indicator of true home run speed.   Give me burst/explosion measures (broad/vert), change of direction (3-cone, etc), and in-game velocity with game film to confirm (and also show vision).....it's just a more blended and accurate analysis.   Obviously more nuanced than straight 40 times.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 5:22 PM, Jeezla said:

Darrisaw only did position drills

On 3/26/2021 at 5:22 PM, Scoundrel said:

Lame

How do you reconcile this with a guy like Mayfield, who surely knew he would test poorly but competed anyway, and in fact tested poorly? Should Darrisaw have tested or should Mayfield not have tested?

Just now, BoltsFan937 said:

How do you reconcile this with a guy like Mayfield, who surely knew he would test poorly but competed anyway, and in fact tested poorly? Should Darrisaw have tested or should Mayfield not have tested?

Go back to the tape. Orlando Brown jr tested like dog crap, but he's a quality starting OT.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Go back to the tape. Orlando Brown jr tested like dog crap, but he's a quality starting OT.

Better than quality, he is a two time Pro Bowl OT.  

Had 5.85 40, 14 reps at 225 and 19.5" vertical, I had him as a 1st round pick well before the draft, maybe dropped him to the 2nd after the combine.  So there is something to that.  Mayfield did that poorly?  Sure did not show great athletic ability running and I expected a better time but on the field he is quick and mobile for a big man and could no question be a solid OT or kick into guard and be promising.  Still raw but there is a ton to work with there.  

Then there is Alex Leatherwood who had very good times and performed very well at the 1st Bama Pro day and many do not even have him a top 50 player.  Bull**** on that one all day long.  

The reason people are sour on Mayfield is because he was supposed to be a great athlete. His film wasn’t great, but people were banking on physical upside. Then he squashed the idea that he was a great athlete with his pro day.

I was never a big fan of his. Now the pro day makes it easier to pile on. Also, I hate Michigan, so it’s nice when I get to hate on their draft prospects. Usually they always have some of my favorites, but I think their class sucks this year outside of Carlo Kemp as a late round guy. And I’ll concede that Paye has tremendous physical upside, but he’s not a polished pass rusher and gets by with hustle and physical traits at the moment. 

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Then there is Alex Leatherwood who had very good times and performed very well at the 1st Bama Pro day and many do not even have him a top 50 player.  Bull**** on that one all day long.  

Orlando Brown’s tape was 1,000x better than Leatherwoods. Especially in pass pro. Brown didn’t have a ton of traditional pass sets, but he held strong every time he did. Leatherwood has technical issues and is build top-heavy. Unlike Brown, he plays top-heavy as well and doesn’t look comfortable pass blocking. Leatherwood looks like someone that would kick the crap out of you in a street fight, but he doesn’t handle speed rushers well at all.