Free Agency

onejayhawk

7 hours ago, HolmesPriest said:

Thuney. I cant spell on phone

They put some money into this one. He's going to own the LG position for the next few years. With new people at both LT and C, the team is providing an elite pass blocker and some veteran presence. 

J

3 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

His last game was the SBowl win. I could easily argue Damien Williams should have been the Super Bowl MVP. So yeah, I'm disappointed. I guess he's a money casualty.

5 mill in savings from what I heard.

I’d love to grab a late round addition in the draft if possible.

Unrelated to OL, the Chiefs are looking to acquire Zach Ertz. This is a pressing need, which they also need to address in the draft.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/16/kansas-city-chiefs-2021-free-agency-philadelphia-eagles-zach-ertz-trade/

Those hoping to get Justin Houston back as a player were dealt a setback. The Chiefs have resigned Taco Charlton. They also inked Darrel Williams. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/16/kansas-city-chiefs-2021-free-agency-taco-charlton-darrel-williams-re-signed-welcome-back/

J

Edited by onejayhawk

11 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Uups  .. in principal it's possible and would clear about 2 M$ in additional capspace. However, it would create another need at a critical position the team would have to fill - probably at least considering a veteran presence.

11 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

They only have two players that I'd be interested in:

Jeremy Chinn - No way they trade him

DJ Moore - Potential 1 year rental before he's due an extension. But it's a deep draft, so draft someone for a better contract.

Plus, like you said, it creates another hole at LB in a weak LB class.

Definitely not a legit Twitter account, but for clarity's sake, Shaq Thompson is an off ball LB. He and Hitch play basically the same position, given that we're almost always in nickel or dime, and don't really have a traditional Mike.

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Pat's Center David Andrews is still out there, maybe Thuney could out a word in 😉

I wouldn't mind a 2 yr w/Andrews with Allegretti backup

Tuesday, March 16

• 9:27 p.m. Patriots center David Andrews decides against accepting offers to stay; will hit free agency, per report.