Raiders release DB Lamarcus Joyner

RaidersAreOne

Joyner was another huge swing and a miss by our FO. He was horrible as a CB and we were all begging the team to move him to S where he at least showed some ability. Unfortunately we never did and was a big reason why so many of us hated Guenther (among many other things). He may be able to start on a team strictly as a S, but as a CB he is absolutely burnt toast.  

I for one am glad the Raiders are admitting their mistakes and moving on from pricey declining vets. We no doubt struggle with big signings but at least we structure them to where we can get out with little to no dead money after a season or two. 

im not really sure how much joyner is supposed to be blamed for his disappointing tenure with the raiders

he was a good FS who could moonlight at slot CB, which is good versatility to have. the raiders instead played him exclusively at slot CB. truly baffling

ultimate egg on face would be if Joyner signed elsewhere and played well at FS. especially considering what the raiders safety situation has looked like in recent years

Edited by Turnobili

re: that tweet above, 2020 wasn't much better

Littleton disappointed. Nassib was overpaid from the get-go, and disappointed on top of it. maliek collins disappointed. jason witten took snaps from moreau and played poorly

only real good thing to come out of 2020 was agholor coming for dirt cheap. nick kwit also performed ok, but he's getting paid a decent amount

Edited by Turnobili

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll be looking for this comment when we cut Mariota, Nassib and trade Brown.

I'm expecting the Texans to take back mariota in lieu of a first round pick in the trade for watson. They are still using the BOB trade board

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Joyner was another huge swing and a miss by our FO. He was horrible as a CB and we were all begging the team to move him to S where he at least showed some ability. Unfortunately we never did and was a big reason why so many of us hated Guenther (among many other things). He may be able to start on a team strictly as a S, but as a CB he is absolutely burnt toast.  

I for one am glad the Raiders are admitting their mistakes and moving on from pricey declining vets. We no doubt struggle with big signings but at least we structure them to where we can get out with little to no dead money after a season or two. 

This is WILD to read. Just crazy.

When he was drafted, all of our resident draftniks wanted him at S. Then after seeing him at NCB, every Rams fan - and I mean every single one - wanted him at safety.

Fisher kept him at CB for three years. McVay/Phillips moved him to safety immediately and he was really, really good for two years.

I laughed when I first read that the Raiders planned to play him at CB. Can't believe a coaching staff had five years - three at CB and two at safety, where he went from below average to a borderline pro bowler - and decide to play him at CB. Just crazy.

Since we will likely be losing John Johnson, I'd love for the Rams to sign him for cheap to play safety for us again.

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The pathetic part here is that most Raider fans quickly blame Guenther for all mismanagement. But nobody wants to point fingers to the man in charge. Gruden is awful with talent and directionless. He could have at any point saw it wasn't working and got with his staff. Instead, Guenther takes the fall.

2020 was the year to blame Guenther. In 2021 expect Mike Mayock to take the fall for the bad drafts and FA signings.  Gruden has learned nothing and changed nothing in his approach since flaming out a decade ago. Huge ego, nothing to show for it.