Titans trade OT Isaiah Wilson to Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

Yep, Flo reached out but not willing to give the guy multiple chances. Glad we didn’t tolerate this for months. Titans fans knew.

Its Flo’s way or the highway.

I assume they draft Sewell and lock up that RT position for years.  Sure WR is an option but I say get Sewell and move Hunt to guard.  Especially since they got Will Fuller in free agency.  Then they draft two edge rushers next two selections, most likely Azeez and Tyron 2nd round.  

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I assume they draft Sewell and lock up that RT position for years.  Sure WR is an option but I say get Sewell and move Hunt to guard.  Especially since they got Will Fuller in free agency.  Then they draft two edge rushers next two selections, most likely Azeez and Tyron 2nd round.  

I still think trade down will be best option but if we don’t I agree they will take Sewell. As for pass rushers I think we will take one preferably Phillips or Ojulari.

3 hours ago, mountainpd said:

I still think trade down will be best option but if we don’t I agree they will take Sewell. 

Sewell would be an odd pick to me. The 2020 draft had Miami taking a starting left tackle in the 1st rd, and starting right tackle in the 2nd rd. To draft another tackle in the 1st rd only 12 months later seems redundant. 

Rather trade #3 for a massive hoard of 1st-rd and 2nd-rd picks the next few seasons. Also trade back in future seasons too, to keep the treasure chest replenished and stay ahead of the draft game. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Sewell would be an odd pick to me. The 2020 draft had Miami taking a starting left tackle in the 1st rd, and starting right tackle in the 2nd rd. To draft another tackle in the 1st rd only 12 months later seems redundant. 

Rather trade #3 for a massive hoard of 1st-rd and 2nd-rd picks the next few seasons. Also trade back in future seasons too, to keep the treasure chest replenished and stay ahead of the draft game. 

I like the trade down but I think if you draft Sewell he plays right tackle, Hunt slots inside to right guard so two positions sorted. I do not see Hunt as a Right tackle long term.

49 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I like the trade down but I think if you draft Sewell he plays right tackle, Hunt slots inside to right guard so two positions sorted. I do not see Hunt as a Right tackle long term.

Fins drafted a starting right guard in 2020 as well. Mind blown! 

3 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Fins drafted a starting right guard in 2020 as well. Mind blown! 

You can’t be happy with them overall though surely? I am hoping they take the second year leap which is very possible but if Jesse Davis is still starting in one of those spots then we should be upgrading.

3 hours ago, mountainpd said:

You can’t be happy with them overall though surely? I am hoping they take the second year leap which is very possible but if Jesse Davis is still starting in one of those spots then we should be upgrading.

They’re young and developing. I think last year’s group could’ve developed into a top 16 OL in a year or so. But Flowers will eventually be replaced due to $$$.

17 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Three rooks starting on the O-line was definitely...adventurous. With typical rook mistakes and erratic play. And yet they were as good or better than any vet-centric Fins o-line of the past decade so I'll take it with a sigh of relief. While expecting a nice performance jump for year 2. 

Remember, the starting left tackle was only 20 years old, going up against the best edge rushers on every team. He wasn't Pro Bowl but he wasn't terrible either. After watching his young self for a few games I was thinking "we are set at LT for a long time."

Only 20 yrs old whew. I have Dolphins shirts older than him. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FinSting said:

Amen!!!

If Sewell is on the board at 3, and we don't have any offers to trade back with a QB desperate team, then I'm sure we call Cincinnati and offer a swap of 3 for 5........  If the Bengals don't budge then I think it's a real possibility Sewell becomes a Dolphin.

6 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

If Sewell is on the board at 3, and we don't have any offers to trade back with a QB desperate team, then I'm sure we call Cincinnati and offer a swap of 3 for 5........  If the Bengals don't budge then I think it's a real possibility Sewell becomes a Dolphin.

Yeah, alot of damn idiot "experts" keep mocking D Smith to Miami at #3 overall. I would hate that outcome with Sewell still on the board.

9 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Yeah, alot of damn idiot "experts" keep mocking D Smith to Miami at #3 overall. I would hate that outcome with Sewell still on the board.

I really like Smith, so much that I've even mocked him at 3, but it's hard to pass up an OT that won the Outland Trophy ( over 4 players that were first round picks in 2020 ) at 19 years old and has Elite Measurables.

Overall I think Smith fits more of a need, but Sewell is a better value and less risky pick at 3.

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I just discovered Kyle Pitts is still 6 months away from turning 21!

Chase just turned 21.

Smith will be 23 in November.

keep all this in mind

I am really warming up to the idea of Kyle Pitts I am hoping we can trade down to 4, 7 or 8 and grab him.  I just keep thinking Calvin Johnson, it is hard to not be okay with them pulling the trigger at 3 for him. Regardless Miami is in a prime position at 3 for either a trade or just their pick of the top skill positions (outside QB).       

• Like 1