Saints tag S Marcus Williams

RaidersAreOne

Not too surprised they used the franchise tag on him. I believe the cost would be around 11 million for a Safety. For a DE I believe it's around 18 million and CB 15 million. Given our cap situation, I don't think it would have been feasible to franchise tag Hendrickson or Lattimore. 

Glad to see we are able to retain another quality player for next year. Hopefully Ramczyk, Hendrickson, and Lattimore can be resigned soon as well.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Not too surprised they used the franchise tag on him. I believe the cost would be around 11 million for a Safety. For a DE I believe it's around 18 million and CB 15 million. Given our cap situation, I don't think it would have been feasible to franchise tag Hendrickson or Lattimore. 

Glad to see we are able to retain another quality player for next year. Hopefully Ramczyk, Hendrickson, and Lattimore can be resigned soon as well.

Lattimore is under contract for one more year, so we couldn’t franchise tag him.

11 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Whoops forgot about that.

Though Lattimore and Ramczyk will likely both get extensions this year that will lower their current cap hits of 10 and 11 mil respectively this year but back load their money into later years.

2 hours ago, Raves said:

Though Lattimore and Ramczyk will likely both get extensions this year that will lower their current cap hits of 10 and 11 mil respectively this year but back load their money into later years.

Yeah I'd imagine so. Going to be a lot activity in the near future to get that cap number down

Edited by tyler735

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 7:30 AM, Raves said:

Lattimore and Ram get extended this offseason... Williams gets locked up long term at some point between now and when the Saints move off Malcom Jenkins.