Lavonte David remains a Super Bowl champ - re-signs for 5 years/$25M ($20M gtd); the last three years voidable

bucsfan333

15 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The variables next year will be easier since they are far more likely to dominate from go, get a bye, and play only home games.

• Green Bay will be demonstrably worse.
  • Seattle will be demonstrably worse.
  • New Orleans will be demonstrably worse.
  • The Rams with Stafford are a pipe dream.
  • Carolina and Atlanta may be improved, but not on Tampa's level.

Tampa is as likely to have the NFL's best record in 2021 as KC was in 2020.

yeah idk about GB or Seattle being worse , unless Russel leaves 

NO definitely will be worse , no way about it

i agree with you on the Rams, think they are being overhyped, if anything they should be trashed for giving up so much for Stafford

i see Carolina being much improved next year, idk about Atlanta though

19 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yeah idk about GB or Seattle being worse , unless Russel leaves 

NO definitely will be worse , no way about it

i agree with you on the Rams, think they are being overhyped, if anything they should be trashed for giving up so much for Stafford

i see Carolina being much improved next year, idk about Atlanta though

GB is just going to lose some good players and get a bit older.

• Linsley and Jones are likely gone from that offense and how do they pay Tonyan? Does another team grab him if they go cheap?
    • We have to see the tender in the next week
  • I don't see 9-8 but maybe 11-6?

Seattle was a horrid defense until Dunlap and they just cut him. Maybe they replace him but that's just a maybe.

• They are also just losing a bunch of talent in Griffin and Wright, and several others.
  • I don't think they fall apart but they will be more like an 10-7 Seahawks than a 12-5 version.

Tampa just has a huge (mostly Brady) advantage.

• Rodgers' cap hit is 9 million higher (and Brady will probably go lower)
    • Wilson's is 4 million higher
  • Players will take less to play for Brady
    • Wilson does not even want to be in Seattle
    • Rodgers is a passive aggressive snake who will throw you under the bus
  • You want to be in Tampa in the winter or depressing Seattle or frozen tundra?

Last year it was guys like Gronk and AB who were drawn to Brady. Fournette as well.

Who was drawn to Seattle or Green Bay?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

GB is just going to lose some good players and get a bit older.

• Linsley and Jones are likely gone from that offense and how do they pay Tonyan? Does another team grab him if they go cheap?
    • We have to see the tender in the next week
  • I don't see 9-8 but maybe 11-6?

Seattle was a horrid defense until Dunlap and they just cut him. Maybe they replace him but that's just a maybe.

• They are also just losing a bunch of talent in Griffin and Wright, and several others.
  • I don't think they fall apart but they will be more like an 10-7 Seahawks than a 12-5 version.

Tampa just has a huge (mostly Brady) advantage.

• Rodgers' cap hit is 9 million higher (and Brady will probably go lower)
    • Wilson's is 4 million higher
  • Players will take less to play for Brady
    • Wilson does not even want to be in Seattle
    • Rodgers is a passive aggressive snake who will throw you under the bus
  • You want to be in Tampa in the winter or depressing Seattle or frozen tundra?

Last year it was guys like Gronk and AB who were drawn to Brady. Fournette as well.

Who was drawn to Seattle or Green Bay?

lol you make valid points

i still think that even with those losses on GB they wont be too much worse, Rodgers advantage as a high end QB makes up for some things

and then other teams will rise imo Cowboys, maybe Cardinals, 9ners with less injuries

Seattle does seem like they will lose more significant talent, even disregarding the Russ saga

its always tough, i hope we are (Tampa) better next year but i dont like to make too many predictions this early

On 3/9/2021 at 7:13 PM, Broncofan said:

Repeat champs just don't occur that often.   It's not just about talent.    Critical injuries and their timing, often tilts the scales.   Plus, keep in mind that Tampa now plays a first place schedule this year.    There's a reason why repeats are as rare as hen's teeth in the cap era - even when you can keep the top talent, your depth suffers.    That's why the random nature of injuries & timing often tilts the scale.

I say this as the guy who backed Tampa this playoffs, BTW. 

Nope. Quite the opposite. Their schedule last year was brutal for a 7-9 team. This year they have one if not the easiest schedule on paper. I guess NFC east will improve but by how much we don't know..

21 hours ago, Forge said:

Well, it wouldn't be about this year 

But more to the point, it's not a genius move. Every team does it. It's a necessary evil sometimes but everyone does it. If you don't do it a ton, no biggie. But go back to those threads with the eagles and go see how people thought Howie was a genius. Doesn't take a genius to push money into future years

To be fair, if Carlson Wentz was as good as everyone expected he'd still be praised. In today's NFL only QBs and WRs contracts can get you in trouble and Tampa is safe in those positions. They probably let CG go next year because he'll demand absurd $ after a full year with Brady

Just now, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Nope. Quite the opposite. Their schedule last year was brutal for a 7-9 team. This year they have one if not the easiest schedule on paper. I guess NFC east will improve but by how much we don't know..

Brain cramp.  

6 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

To be fair, if Carlson Wentz was as good as everyone expected he'd still be praised. In today's NFL only QBs and WRs contracts can get you in trouble and Tampa is safe in those positions. They probably let CG go next year because he'll demand absurd $ after a full year with Brady

He wouldn't be praised. I get what you're saying though....if they were winning, people would still think that he was doing great. But they'd still be in the same mess for the next couple of years, scrambling to repeat the mistakes they've already made (restructure on Slay, Kelce was almost impossible to avoid, etc). There's a way to tight rope walk that future years cap mess, Loomis is incredible at it....Howie, not so much. This would basically just be him being bailed out by a good QB 

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

lol you make valid points

i still think that even with those losses on GB they wont be too much worse, Rodgers advantage as a high end QB makes up for some things

and then other teams will rise imo Cowboys, maybe Cardinals, 9ners with less injuries

Seattle does seem like they will lose more significant talent, even disregarding the Russ saga

its always tough, i hope we are (Tampa) better next year but i dont like to make too many predictions this early

There is a lot that will happen between now and the start of the season.

The only NFC team I see as ready to take a leap forward would be WFT with solid QB play (not sure who that would be yet) 

Arizona is going to be different and JJ will personally be better, but they have a lot of free agent pieces as well.

Dallas has a hot garbage D and a mess of an O-line (injuries and a few bad picks)

• They also have no money and may not even be able to afford the likes of Aldon Smith returning.

I could see SF bouncing back if healthy, but who plays corner for them? Lots of teams have lots of moving parts this year.

I could even see a scenario where Philly gets back to 11-6 but its built on about 7 big IFs (starting with nailing the number 6 pick and a healthy O-line)

Tampa is just going to get stronger with Brady getting more time there. Its how he works.

Your schedule based on where you finished was 2 games (it will be 3 now) (NY Giants and LA Rams for Tampa last year)

Its not that big of a deal.

I think it means Chicago, LA Rams, and Indy while the Saints get Green Bay, Seattle, and Tennessee