Lavonte David remains a Super Bowl champ - re-signs for 5 years/$25M ($20M gtd); the last three years voidable

bucsfan333

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:
8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You guys are repeating. Really what's your teams weakness if Shaq is brought back? Father time?

It'd be pretty cool if we did. But quite a bit is gonna happen between now and next season.

We're also assuming complete health for a lot of those key positions once again in 2021, in the most violent/unpredictable sport in America. While Tampa is clearly the odds on favorite, all it would take would be a few (un)timely injuries to derail things.

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You guys are repeating. Really what's your teams weakness if Shaq is brought back? Father time?

Repeat champs just don't occur that often.   It's not just about talent.    Critical injuries and their timing, often tilts the scales.   Plus, keep in mind that Tampa now plays a first place schedule this year.    There's a reason why repeats are as rare as hen's teeth in the cap era - even when you can keep the top talent, your depth suffers.    That's why the random nature of injuries & timing often tilts the scale.

I say this as the guy who backed Tampa this playoffs, BTW. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Repeat champs just don't occur that often.   It's not just about talent.    Critical injuries and their timing, often tilts the scales.   Plus, keep in mind that Tampa now plays a first place schedule this year.    There's a reason why repeats are as rare as hen's teeth in the cap era - even when you can keep the top talent, your depth suffers.    That's why the random nature of injuries & timing often tilts the scale.

This Tampa team is more like the 2018 Chiefs or the 1992 Cowboys. They are just getting started.

They may not have a 5 year shelf life but they are clearly the best team right now.

The best team does not always win, even if they have Brady. My money would be on them though.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Big lol @ the repeat comments. Ppl never learn man it's amazing. So much **** has to go right it's almost unfathomable somebody could actually think a team will repeat just bc they bring their own guys back.

To be fair while they didn't win, KC got back to the SB.

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Big lol @ the repeat comments. Ppl never learn man it's amazing. So much **** has to go right it's almost unfathomable somebody could actually think a team will repeat just bc they bring their own guys back.

Well, Tom Brady is basically batting .500 when it comes to just getting to the Super Bowl so it's easy to see why people are high on the Bucs again. It should probably be noted that they weren't some juggernaut all year round, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Well, Tom Brady is basically batting .500 when it comes to just getting to the Super Bowl so it's easy to see why people are high on the Bucs again. It should probably be noted that they weren't some juggernaut all year round, though.

Was gonna say, TB12 is the sole reason I could even begin to believe that they could possibly repeat. He's just unprecedented as a player.

12 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Hard to argue that they won’t be back there next year. Most teams that win the Super Bowl lose a bunch of their roster via FA. The Bucs have most of their guys coming back and several ascending young players on cheap contracts.

I think it’d be more shocking if it wasn’t KC vs. TB again next year. 

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Also only one first round BYE per conference. Obviously that didn't stop Tampa this past season, but it still makes the odds of repeating even more difficult now. 

Just now, LinebackerGod said:

Hard to argue that they won’t be back there next year. Most teams that win the Super Bowl lose a bunch of their roster via FA. The Bucs have most of their guys coming back and several ascending young players on cheap contracts.

I think it’d be more shocking if it wasn’t KC vs. TB again next year. 

I hear this every year and every year it's wrong. Personally I think KC has a much higher chance to get there and win than TB. Tampa just didn't impress me all that much from wire to wire. They don't have that juggernaut feel. They'll probably be a playoff team, but I'd say their absolute highest possible ceiling is NFCCG appearance. I think they can win WC wknd then lose next round. I'd bet almost anything they're not back in the super bowl. KC on the other hand, is an absolute force.