Lavonte David remains a Super Bowl champ - re-signs for 5 years/$25M ($20M gtd); the last three years voidable

bucsfan333

Just now, Dome said:

What was he expected to get on the open market if he had left Tampa Bay?

Spotrac projected him just under $13m per year, idk how good they are with that.

He will have a big number next year.  Probably going to cost $18-20 million over 2 years.  They did get a discount but they are paying full market value for next year.  If anything goes wrong with the cap for next year it is going to hurt.  The cap going to $220 is based off a good tv contract and the world getting back to normal.  Neither one is a sure thing.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

He will have a big number next year.  Probably going to cost $18-20 million over 2 years. 

Plus whatever dead money accelerates into the 2023 cap, which I’m assuming is part of the 3 void years.  

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:
12 minutes ago, Dome said:

What was he expected to get on the open market if he had left Tampa Bay?

Spotrac projected him just under $13m per year, idk how good they are with that.

He will have a big number next year.  Probably going to cost $18-20 million over 2 years.  They did get a discount but they are paying full market value for next year.  If anything goes wrong with the cap for next year it is going to hurt.  The cap going to $220 is based off a good tv contract and the world getting back to normal.  Neither one is a sure thing.

It's basically a two year $25M contract. It's just structured to spread out the cap hit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's basically a two year $25M contract. It's just structured to spread out the cap hit.

I think it’s a good deal for both sides given the cap uncertainty... bucs gotta bring back as many people as they can imo, and David gets a good chunk guaranteed.

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Do you know what the odds are of repeating lol

If your QB is Brady and you just won the Super Bowl your odds of:

• Getting to the Championship game are 3 in 6
  • Getting to the Super Bowl are 2 in 6
  • Odds of repeating are 1 in 6

For every other NFL team next year the odds are more like 8 to 1. 16 to 1, and 32 to 1 (worse if you are an NFC team because Brady)

Now the odds of KC getting back to the Super Bowl? Those odds really suck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We currently have $2M in dead money. Ninth fewest in the league. I'm not too concerned about it.

Well, it wouldn't be about this year 

But more to the point, it's not a genius move. Every team does it. It's a necessary evil sometimes but everyone does it. If you don't do it a ton, no biggie. But go back to those threads with the eagles and go see how people thought Howie was a genius. Doesn't take a genius to push money into future years

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Also only one first round BYE per conference. Obviously that didn't stop Tampa this past season, but it still makes the odds of repeating even more difficult now. 

And to add context to their road gauntlet - Tampa’s 3 road games had little travel involved, and no crowd disadvantage.    And playing at home at the end helped  (not due to HFA crowd wise, but the 2-week break, no travel and familiarity with field conditions). That’s a big deal.   

Don’t get me wrong I think in a vacuum Tampa easily wins the division.   Just that being a division winner favorite and defending SB champ is far removed from repeating that have little to do with the talent of the team.    The league enjoys so much parity because of these factors.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

This is easy

Brady has 50% chance getting back to SB    10SB / 20yrs

Win SB   35%   7/20

See easy!😁

Seriously  Remember he only won (Pats) 6 SBs  with some very strong teams. EX NY Giants. The Chiefs also had a make shift OL this year.  Just one injury can screw you from winning.

Edited by m haynes

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I hear this every year and every year it's wrong. Personally I think KC has a much higher chance to get there and win than TB. Tampa just didn't impress me all that much from wire to wire. They don't have that juggernaut feel. They'll probably be a playoff team, but I'd say their absolute highest possible ceiling is NFCCG appearance. I think they can win WC wknd then lose next round. I'd bet almost anything they're not back in the super bowl. KC on the other hand, is an absolute force.

hell at times last year i didnt even think we'd make it past the divisional round lol

but TB12 Babyyyyy

Season 3 Episode 304 GIF by Rick and Morty

the Train dont stop

15 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

hell at times last year i didnt even think we'd make it past the divisional round lol

Well to be fair NO was the absolute worst matchup roster wise for the Bucs.   Doesn’t take away their W but 7/10 games the 2 teams play at NO, the Saints win.     It just happened this was 1 of those 3 games (Tampa getting +4 in TO’s overcame the matchup issues).   

Again I say all the above having backed Tampa each week in the playoffs, before the playoffs started, and in the SB.  

Edited by Broncofan