CB Malcolm Butler released

ttitansfan4life

This echoes my sentiments. Butler was on a pro bowl level last year. Hate to lose him.

It sucks but if it leads to us being able to retain Jonnu or Corey, and signing a guy like Carl Lawson, then it would be worth it. I don’t think this move is made if there’s not a plan to it.

😳😳.. Welp looks like we Needa add CB to a need unless we’re going to resign him to a lower deal or we plan on bringing King back and go into the year with Jackson, Fulton, and King.

im honestly trying to make sense of it. I get needing to free up money but he was out best defender.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Stupid. The Saints can clear $70 million and franchise tag a guy without any meaningful cuts and we can’t even find a way to keep our No. 1 corner.

it's like we're playing in a different league from some of these other squads. just sad.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

In a matter of a day CB, TE, and WR shot to huge needs in a day lol. 

Well we have to see how free agency plays out. Yeah they need to be addressed but gotta think the plan was for Fulton to eventually take Butler's place. 

Adore and Fulton starting on edge.  Faster. 

Find vet to play nickel.  Then draft someone by round 2 or 3. 

Sorry guys but as I said before I saw this coming because 14 mill for an above average corner is a lot, & if he’s not in your immediate future you cut him while you can get out of his contract. You have to put that money towards keeping your roster together with guys you see as cornerstone guys. 

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m trying to wrap my head around the message that cutting your top performing defensive player while promoting the head of one of the worst defenses in the NFL sends to the team and the fanbase. It’s not good.

He’s above average at best yes he stood out but our entire defense sucks truth be told