Official FF BSET FINALS - South Park vs Breaking Bad

Deadpulse

FINALS   

37 members have voted

1. 1. 1st seed vs 4th seed

• South Park (4)
    • Breaking Bad (1)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2021 at 09:00 PM

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I remember, I lived it, I was a teenager in the late 90's.  It also settled back into a niche after all those numbers posted earlier.  It still does well, something like 2.3 million viewers recently, but i'll say again it wasn't nationally on a similar level to shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Wasn't as big, nor as long.

South Park season 24 - 2.3 million viewers (your numbers)

Breaking Bad season 1 - 1.23 millon

Breaking Bad season 2 - 1.30 million

Breaking Bad season 3 - 1.52 million

Breaking Bad season 4 - 1.87 million

Breaking Bad season 5A - 2.60 million

Breaking Bad season 5B - 6.04 million

You really dying on this absurd hill over one (basically a half) season where the show was legitimately popular? South Park was just as big and significantly longer. Literally every defense you've made has been pure nonsense. South Park has 15 seasons with better ratings than any of Breaking Bad's first 4.5 seasons.

• Like 1

I still think Walt died in that car buried in the snow and the ending where he snuck past all the police and FBI agents at the end to speak with Skylar was fantasy, Maybe his last dying moments on how he would have like to resolved everything as he faded into the dark

Edited by Shockwave

This one is close, coming down to the wire...

... WAIT A MINUTE!!!

THAT'S ARCHER'S THEME MUSIC! STERLING ARCHER!!! BAH GAWD HE'S WALKIN! HE'S TALKIN! HE'S PHRASING! HE'S AMAZIN!!!!

rs_500x282-140113151420-92081-archer-dan

HE'S IN THE DANGER ZONE! AND HE'S NOT ALONE! 

tumblr_mhkki1o1kd1qfrkf9o2_500.gif

LANA KANE! IT'S LANA KANE! AND CYRIL FIGGIS, FRESH FROM DOING SOMEONE'S TAXES!!!

IT'S NOW A TRIPLE THREAT MATCH!!!

13 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I still think Walt died in that car buried in the snow and the ending where he snuck past all the police and FBI agents at the end to speak with Skylar was fantasy, Maybe his last dying moments on how he would have like to resolved everything as he faded into the dark

That would make the Netflix movie out of scope - granted, I didn't like the movie much (I think it was 5-7 years too late) but it's still part of canon, no?

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That would make the Netflix movie out of scope - granted, I didn't like the movie much (I think it was 5-7 years too late) but it's still part of canon, no?

I still haven't watched it. So I'll take your word for it. VG also said the died in the car theory wasn't correct. But I find that alot more practical of an end then Walt going full Solid Snake as he sneaks past heavy security unseen to visit Skylar.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I still haven't watched it.

You're not missing much - granted, had it been released after a 12-18 month window after the finale, it could have been a masterpiece. 

One day, I'll have to try a Better Call Saul/BB/El Camino run - sort of like an MCU re-watch.

49 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

VG also said the died in the car theory wasn't correct. But I find that alot more practical of an end then Walt going full Solid Snake as he sneaks past heavy security unseen to visit Skylar.

Yeah, I agree with this - a lot of this felt far fetched at the end, but I sort of figured a bit of this would be grasping.

I still loved the end...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

So who's gonna bump the South Park thread to recruit people to vote? lol

No shame losing to Breaking Bad.    Granted, I personally wouldnt put BB in the top 4 of my own rankings, but its considered by many to be an all time great show.   Even if South Park loses, it wont be by much.  

And as I said, its hard to even really compare shows like this.     These are on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what they offer.    A gritty live action drama vs over the top animated buffoonery.     For most people who like both shows...its going to come down to preference of TYPE of show rather than which show is better.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 43M said:

No shame losing to Breaking Bad.    Granted, I personally wouldnt put BB in the top 4 of my own rankings, but its considered by many to be an all time great show.   Even if South Park loses, it wont be by much.  

And as I said, its hard to even really compare shows like this.     These are on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what they offer.    A gritty live action drama vs over the top animated buffoonery.     For most people who like both shows...its going to come down to preference of TYPE of show rather than which show is better.

Oh I agree. Very tongue-in-cheek comment. I loved BB but not nearly as much as SP. Jesse's story got very annoying towards the end once he got his party house. SP has had some bad seasons as well so it's not immune to being criticized. SP might be my favorite of all time and BB is certainly in the top 10 if not higher.

Completely agree w/ your second statement also as I believe I echoed those same thoughts earlier.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1