Vikings Release Riley Reiff

RpMc

I'm waffling between moving O'Neill to LT or Cleveland.  I almost would prefer, at this point, moving O'Neill to left.  While I've always been a proponent of leaving a guy where he's been successful, based on what I've seen from the both of them, I'd almost think O'Neill would make a better LT than Ezra would.  Either way though, this just means that OL will be a significantly higher priority in FA/draft than it already was yesterday.  

• Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

I'm waffling between moving O'Neill to LT or Cleveland.  I almost would prefer, at this point, moving O'Neill to left.  While I've always been a proponent of leaving a guy where he's been successful, based on what I've seen from the both of them, I'd almost think O'Neill would make a better LT than Ezra would.  Either way though, this just means that OL will be a significantly higher priority in FA/draft than it already was yesterday.  

And we, as fans, have no clue what the team thinks of Udoh. With Reiff, O’Neill, and Hill on the roster, he’s been able to truly develop for 2 years. 

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And we, as fans, have no clue what the team thinks of Udoh. With Reiff, O’Neill, and Hill on the roster, he’s been able to truly develop for 2 years. 

Agreed.  That's what I've been speculating with someone off-line.  I can almost envision flipping both O'Neill and Cleveland to the left side with O'Neill at tackle and Cleveland at guard (especially since he has more experience on the left side), picking up a guy like Zeitler for RG and then either Udoh or a draft pick at RT.

• Like 1

If releasing Riley Reiff was a preemptive move to make room to sign a top free agent guard, then it’s a move I’m perfectly comfortable with. 

I’ve mentioned this before, but while Joe Thuney will undoubtedly be garnering attention from a plethora of teams, don’t count out the Vikings just because of their small amount of cap space. 

When the Jaguars signed Andrew Norwell, and subsequently made him the richest guard in the league, his cap hit for the first year of his monster contract was only $5.6M. A similar  contract structure easily puts the Vikings in the mix. 

Edited by SemperFeist