Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This whole get in shape argument has no bearing on a global pandemic. Quite simply, if everyone on the planet was in peak physical condition for their age group, we would STILL need people to get vaccinated and there would still be a global pandemic raging. Healthy lifestyles are good, but it doesnt cure disease. What a stupid idea that is. 

Yes, people would still need vaccines. But exercise boosts your immune system, that’s a fact. There’s plenty of evidence that shows being healthy and in good physical condition helps dealing with COVID. So yes, we would still need vaccines but a drastically more healthy population would help as well. And while healthy lifestyles may not cure disease, it does help prevent it. So not so stupid.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I’m absolutely listening, I’m cutting to the part that matters. In your comparison, it’s not apples to apples. I literally said the more apt comparison is you wouldn’t help and no one else can either. Where am I wrong with that? 

ok, so you do want I go to potential strains on resources and burning out the healthcare system. We’re not there yet, if we get there, we can start throwing people out if needed. But that’s a ways away if it even happens. So Right now, your burden is a mask. 

And no, the smoker and non smoker should not pay the same. But we should provide medical care to both. Why are you analogies that aren’t apples to apples.

Lastly, I was referring to @ramssuperbowl99 post about politics. Probably should have replied to it separately, but while I have no political affiliation, it got under my skin on how lazy, stupid and misinformed it was.

You're wrong because you literally took what I said and flipped it around. I would help the guy with the broken leg (ie those medically unable to get the vaccine). I would not help the guy who is refusing to use his own legs to run away from the bear and is relying on me to do the work for his own safety (ie the guy who is refusing the vaccine). This isn't a hard comparison, you're just trying to intentionally avoid it. 

You have zero idea how the healthcare system works if you think the burden is only a mask. I'm not going to go back and forth about it with you. At least you admitted that a person who takes care of their health should not be held captive by someone who doesn't. 

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

You're wrong because you literally took what I said and flipped it around. I would help the guy with the broken leg (ie those medically unable to get the vaccine). I would not help the guy who is refusing to use his own legs to run away from the bear and is relying on me to do the work for his own safety (ie the guy who is refusing the vaccine). This isn't a hard comparison, you're just trying to intentionally avoid it. 

You have zero idea how the healthcare system works if you think the burden is only a mask. I'm not going to go back and forth about it with you. At least you admitted that a person who takes care of their health should not be held captive by someone who doesn't. 

Ok so you don’t seem to get what I’m saying. You don’t want to help the guy who won’t help himself, cool. But with your stance on care for the unvaccinated, the appropriate comparison you don’t help that guy and you don’t let others help either. That’s what I’ve been saying all along, and I thought pretty clearly but I guess not. It’s not a hard comparison it’s very easy and I’m certainly not avoiding it. You don’t have to help, don’t prevent others from helping the guy who won’t help himself. 

I always find it funny that people “won’t take the time” to do something but will take the time to tell you they won’t take the time.

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

There are tons of posts in this thread, and even on this page (assuming this isn't paged) mocking/blasting/blaming that Demographic. To argue otherwise is to deny reality. 

I agree with the general stance that accountability matters. I have no issue with your take on Beasley. If you pass on the vaccine and get COVID then you should be of lower priority because you made your own bed. I have no issue with that.

I think you’re reading it wrong if you think most are blaming that particular demographic ie. minorities, for the problem. Did you want a disclaimer every time? Or is it only obvious to me that we were blaming conspiracy theorists, antivaxxers, and generally ignorant people for holding the vaccinated back?

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I think you’re reading it wrong if you think most are blaming that particular demographic ie. minorities, for the problem. Did you want a disclaimer every time? Or is it only obvious to me that we were blaming conspiracy theorists, antivaxxers, and generally ignorant people for holding the vaccinated back?

I misinterpreted your last post. However, you're also proving my original point of having an overly simplistic take.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Ok so you don’t seem to get what I’m saying. You don’t want to help the guy who won’t help himself, cool. But with your stance on care for the unvaccinated, the appropriate comparison you don’t help that guy and you don’t let others help either. That’s what I’ve been saying all along, and I thought pretty clearly but I guess not. It’s not a hard comparison it’s very easy and I’m certainly not avoiding it. You don’t have to help, don’t prevent others from helping the guy who won’t help himself. 

I always find it funny that people “won’t take the time” to do something but will take the time to tell you they won’t take the time.

This type of stuff is why I won't go back and forth with you...

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

If we're being chased by a bear and you broke your leg, I would try to carry you. If you just didn't feel like running and expect me to exert twice as much energy to save us both, I'd focus on saving myself. 

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

What you’re saying is if that person broke their leg, you wouldn’t help them and no one else can either.

That and you have already gone on record saying you think a mask is the only burden the unvaccinated are forcing upon the rest of the population. That is 100% factually incorrect. There's no point in wasting both of our time.

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think you missed @ramssuperbowl99post. And you seem to be making sweeping generalizations on who has acceptable reasons or not.

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

This type of stuff is why I won't go back and forth with you...

That and you have already gone on record saying you think a mask is the only burden the unvaccinated are forcing upon the rest of the population. That is 100% factually incorrect. There's no point in wasting both of our time.

Why is this so difficult for you? Or is it not difficult and you don’t want to address it. SAVE YOURSELF,  DONT PREVENT OTHERS FROM HELPING.

17 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Everyone who is dying are unhealthy with comorbodities, old people who were going to die anyway or obese people. The way you talk is vaccines are the only thing that matter not getting healthy. 

Here’s a list of some of the comorbidities we’re seeing:

• asthma
  • cancer, including those in recovery
  • cerebrovascular diseases
  • chronic kidney disease
  • cystic fibrosis
  • dementia
  • type 1 diabetes
  • Down syndrome
  • heart and lung defects
  • immunocompromise disorders
  • pregnancy
  • sickle cell anemia
  • organ transplant recipients and donors
  • those who have received a bone marrow transplant
  • stroke
  • thalassemia

Yeah, it’s too bad my high school best friend decided to live an unhealthy lifestyle so that he was born with sickle cell anemia. Maybe if he had focused on eating his vegetables and doing cardio 4 times a week in the womb, he wouldn’t have been in ICU for 4 months on his death bed when he caught COVID last summer.

Also, “old people who were going to die anyway,” not an actual classification of people. It really undercuts your point when you are trying to preach “I’m just looking out for everyone’s health” when you callously throw in that old people were going to die anyway, as if mentioning that fact somehow diminishes the way we should respond with medical treatment to prevent the spread of the disease. The overwhelming majority of those *old people* weren’t going to die when they did, if not for being infected with COVID.

Also here’s the elephant in the room. You’ve got the COVID shot here; it lessens the likelihood that someone catches the virus, lessens the likelihood that they have complications by a significant amount, lessens the severity, and greatly reduces the likelihood that even if you do catch the virus that you can then spread the virus to someone else. And it takes all of 30 minutes to do. On the other side, “live a healthy lifestyle” does not reduce your ability to catch or to spread the virus, doesn’t protect significant portions of the population, and requires years and years of commitment.

Gee, I wonder why when trying to stop the spread of a deadly virus that has claimed millions of lives globally over the last year and a half, that people are so heavily focused on using the faster method that is significantly more effective across all populations. I can’t imagine why that’s being pushed so hard. 

• Like 9

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

Why is this so difficult for you? Or is it not difficult and you don’t want to address it. SAVE YOURSELF,  DONT PREVENT OTHERS FROM HELPING.

In my comparison, there was only one guy with a broken leg. There was no scenario where I wouldn't help the guy with the broken leg. You turned that around into somehow not only me not help the guy with the broken leg, but not allowing anyone else to help him either. I'm not helping the guy who is intentionally refusing to take his own safety into his own hands. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/hospitals-states-hit-covid-onslaught-174100479.html 

Looks like some hospitals in LA are needing to ration care.  

When people say LA, I always think of the county and city in CA. So I had to do a double take when I thought it had suddenly got that bad. But yeah LA state makes more sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

What you’re saying is if that person broke their leg, you wouldn’t help them and no one else can either

...what exactly are you reading?

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

If we're being chased by a bear and you broke your leg, I would try to carry you. If you just didn't feel like running and expect me to exert twice as much energy to save us both, I'd focus on saving myself. 

But wait...

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

The person with the broken leg actually as a medical reason for not being able to escape the bear. 

So there are two instances where he flat out explains what he's saying.

Can you please re-write what he said before you continue? Type it out on your device, word-for-word, please. I've read that retyping words can help with absorption of concept, so we're going to try it here.

Tks.

• Like 3