Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

you know the medical history of every person you've ever come within 6 ft of?

More importantly, can you guarantee that every person who doesn't get vaccinated can guarantee the same?

Medical history? If I’m supposed to stay away from anyone who’s ever had cancer in their entire life then yes. But the ones I know of are all vaccinated. Strangers. Idk. I’m really good at social distancing. 

And I don’t speak for other unvaccinated people although I do feel compelled to keep saying how stupid the theory that the majority of the unvaccinated won’t get vaccinated out of loyalty to a politician who has encouraged people to get vaccinated and fast tracked the process is.

Things are lax here in this thread but attacking posters with derogatory terms like this is still not allowed. Cut the ish. Your in the minority here and I know that must make your blood boil but you need to put that burner on simmer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Medical history? If I’m supposed to stay away from anyone who’s ever had cancer in their entire life then yes. But the ones I know of are all vaccinated. Strangers. Idk. I’m really good at social distancing. 

You wear a mask at the grocery store? 

@DontTazeMeBro what would need to happen, what would you need to see, to get vaccinated? Specifically, what are the things holding you back, and what would need to happen for the thing holding you back to no longer be there? Is there anything?

And for the sake of transparency, some follow up questions that I may have depending on the answer, so you’re aware: what’s the reasoning behind the specific requirement, in what ways hasn’t current status impacted that?

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Some interesting demographics 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nbc-news-poll-shows-demographic-124900903.html

Very shocking stuff.

Most shocking thing:

versus 13 percent saying they won’t get vaccinated under any circumstance.

13% of the surveyed people need to just be isolated from society.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Things are lax here in this thread but attacking posters with derogatory terms like this is still not allowed. Cut the ish. Your in the minority here and I know that must make your blood boil but you need to put that burner on simmer. 

Hey what happens if I don’t? You go get Webmaster right? And he reads through all of this. Sees ALL the personal attacks in here. And all the political stuff you choose not to moderate. Even after he locked the thread up. He sees that you really only want to use you mod powers to antagonize people you disagree with. You might be too emotional for this.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Hey what happens if I don’t? You go get Webmaster right? And he reads through all of this. Sees ALL the personal attacks in here. And all the political stuff you choose not to moderate. Even after he locked the thread up. He sees that you really only want to use you mod powers to antagonize people you disagree with. You might be too emotional for this.

I see my advice was not heeded, advice being the keyword here. You got a problem, theres the PM button. Otherwise, follow the rules and continue posting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

@DontTazeMeBro what would need to happen, what would you need to see, to get vaccinated? Specifically, what are the things holding you back, and what would need to happen for the thing holding you back to no longer be there? Is there anything?

And for the sake of transparency, some follow up questions that I may have depending on the answer, so you’re aware: what’s the reasoning behind the specific requirement, in what ways hasn’t current status impacted that?

Need to happen? Honestly. It became extremely unlikely when the original two shots stopped being enough. I’d strongly consider NovaVax. If my employer mandated it I would stall. See what other jobs are out there. If I couldn’t make close to what I’m make now I’d have to strongly consider it. If the death rate from it went up significantly for people my age that would probably move me.

@DontTazeMeBro I’ve been pretty consistent in stating I personally have little objection to people who aren’t vaccinated but do take other people’s safety seriously.

I think from a personal risk assessment point of view it’s dumb, but people do have their freedoms and ability to choose.

Where myself, and I think most others, lose our patience is with people who don’t consider anyone other than themselves with their actions.

If you’re wearing a mask religiously (and properly) and social distancing, etc., you’re not the problem by and large. Unfortunately there are too many people more concerned with what they can do than what they should do.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

That's crazy they've (potentially) gotten approval down to 6 months. I was curious if newborns from vaccinated individuals would carry over the mom's immunity either from vaccination or natural infection and I'm guessing it does based on your comments.

Just to confirm, yes we'd expect antibodies to be able to pass from mom to newborn. I know there are a few people around child-having age here, so I'm trying to be thorough not only for your sake but them too. Every pregnancy is it's own thing, so anybody who is pregnant right now should be talking to their OBGYN about getting the vaccine. It's recommended as a standard.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Just to confirm, yes we'd expect antibodies to be able to pass from mom to newborn. I know there are a few people around child-having age here, so I'm trying to be thorough not only for your sake but them too. Every pregnancy is it's own thing, so anybody who is pregnant right now should be talking to their OBGYN about getting the vaccine. It might be an option.

It’s not just a potential option, it’s recommended 

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0811-vaccine-safe-pregnant.html

• Like 2